Michael Boulding

EdinburghRam

The Boulding and the Beautiful

stop being so dramatic, It's one player and he's only here as cover. get a grip

This is a great thread, spoilt by EdinburghRam with his ruining of the 'drama'!

What has happened to our once great club-I look back wistfully when Dean 'Deano' Holdsworth was banging in the goals whilst our net was locked shut by fan's fave Pooley.

And remember that barmy summer when we managed to snatch Eddie Lewis from the mighty Leeds.

We've been pretty crap for a long time now, this is by far not the worst thing that has ever happened.

What will happen now is this:

Boulding will put lots of effort in, bag 3-4 goals when coming off the bench, and help us stay up. We've got lots of average out-of-form players-doubt Boulding will look too out of place. And everyone who was crying at his signing will have to admit it wasn't that bad after all. Then they'll do the same thing again when the next signing isn't a world cup winner.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a great thread, spoilt by EdinburghRam with his ruining of the 'drama'!

What has happened to our once great club-I look back wistfully when Dean 'Deano' Holdsworth was banging in the goals whilst our net was locked shut by fan's fave Pooley.

And remember that barmy summer when we managed to snatch Eddie Lewis from the mighty Leeds.

We've been pretty crap for a long time now, this is by far not the worst thing that has ever happened.

What will happen now is this:

Boulding will put lots of effort in, bag 3-4 goals when coming off the bench, and help us stay up. We've got lots of average out-of-form players-doubt Boulding will look too out of place. And everyone who was crying at his signing will have to admit it wasn't that bad after all. Then they'll do the same thing again when the next signing isn't a world cup winner.

Post of the hour!

Looks like Barnsley can sign any striker they want.

Chris Wood, Gary O'Connor and now Marlon Harewood.

They've been rejected Boulding though.

Sometimes it is the character of the player and not the skill level that determines these things.

Sometimes it is the type of player - how will they fit in with what we have already? They have taken a good look at this player and its not as if he has been given a long contract.

I know you like to take every opportunity to have a good moan but give the guy a break, he may come in and do a job for a few weeks.

Sometimes it is the character of the player and not the skill level that determines these things.

Sometimes it is the type of player - how will they fit in with what we have already? They have taken a good look at this player and its not as if he has been given a long contract.

I know you like to take every opportunity to have a good moan but give the guy a break, he may come in and do a job for a few weeks.

You've got to admit though - it is a desparate signing isn't it? We wouldn't have considered this guy a couple of seasons ago.

I think that's what Clough said on RD, he's signed on a non-contract basis to play in the stiffs alongside some of the younger players and provide cover for the first team if they needed someone to put on the bench - better to have 7 options there than the 5 or 6 we've often had this season, even if you're not intending to use one or more of them. Makes sense given our injury record amongst strikers again this season, and having sold our reserve striker Dean Moxey...

As for Harewood, Barnsley can have him. Blackpool signed him, then decided that Varney was a better bet, now Beattie's come in they've let Harewood go out on loan. Tells you something, and not just about the money he's on (Blackpool have a 10k weekly wage cap). I dare say he might do ok at Barnsley, depending on how he approaches his time in the 2nd division. Harewood's always been an attitude player, if his attitude's wrong he'll sulk around the pitch and not do a great deal for his money.

Don't think Varney will be signed at Blackpool come the end of the season - Blackpool are only paying 9k of his 26k he's on at Derby, As for Harewood He'll be on his way come summer - Please Nige don't even consider buying him, He'd be better off at Sheff Wednesday he'd fit in there the 'yorkie pud' kid !!

Don't think Varney will be signed at Blackpool come the end of the season - Blackpool are only paying 9k of his 26k he's on at Derby, As for Harewood He'll be on his way come summer - Please Nige don't even consider buying him, He'd be better off at Sheff Wednesday he'd fit in there the 'yorkie pud' kid !!

I know that Blackpool aren't paying all of Varney's wages, but sorry I just don't believe he's on 26k here. No way would anybody, let alone GSE, be stupid enough to give him that

Archived