Michael Boulding

EdinburghRam

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being forced to offer the likes of Boulding a trial with a view to a contract just shows how low our once great club has gone.

Sorry where does it say anything about him maybe being offered a contract? He's played one game for the reserves and people are already thinking he's a cert to sign

Clough isn’t an idiot. He knows what the reaction would be to playing a 35 year old “retired footballer†as a replacement for our top scorer

Maybe he’s trying to make a point?

I doubt it - you can't mess around with people's careers like that just to play politics.

Given Nigel's increasingly irrational behaviour, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this bloke signed.

Free agents often go round clubs training and playing a few reserve games, still slightly unnerving that he is with us now when we are in the hunt for new strikers.

I won't push the panic button unless I see him on the official site holding up a Derby shirt with the number 9 on the back.

We've had loads of trialists at the club since Nigel has been here, Mark Randall from Arsenal was one deemed not good enough for us, more recently Josh O'Keefe, Morgan-Smith and now I'm struggling but we have had a few.

Free agents often go round clubs training and playing a few reserve games, still slightly unnerving that he is with us now when we are in the hunt for new strikers.

I won't push the panic button unless I see him on the official site holding up a Derby shirt with the number 9 on the back.

We've had loads of trialists at the club since Nigel has been here, Mark Randall from Arsenal was one deemed not good enough for us, more recently Josh O'Keefe, Morgan-Smith and now I'm struggling but we have had a few.

it's fact that more often than not these trailist look increasingly desperate which is worrying.

it's fact that more often than not these trailist look increasingly desperate which is worrying.

It's only worrying if we sign them. I haven't woke up in the middle of the night to a Boulding nightmare yet, if he signs I may well do but what's the point in worrying about something that might never happen?

Sorry where does it say anything about him maybe being offered a contract? He's played one game for the reserves and people are already thinking he's a cert to sign

I said "a trial with a view to a contract".

Would you really take someone on trial if you had absolutely no intention of offering them a contract?

Now that really would constitute a complete waste of time don't you think?!

Don't mix words.

Would you really take someone on trial if you had absolutely no intention of offering them a contract?

Don't mix words.

We have had trialists at the club throughout last summer and a fair few who were tried out during the Autumn as well. Not one of them was offered a deal here. He is probably faster than Porter and vastly more experienced than Doyle. Benny McCarthy is probably on massive wages and twice the weight of Boulding and half as fast. Boulding probably again offered to play for free. Porter and Davies are massive risks as they are virtually uninsurable. Think Nigel just needs to keep looking around

We have had trialists at the club throughout last summer and a fair few who were tried out during the Autumn as well. Not one of them was offered a deal here. He is probably faster than Porter and vastly more experienced than Doyle. Benny McCarthy is probably on massive wages and twice the weight of Boulding and half as fast. Boulding probably again offered to play for free. Porter and Davies are massive risks as they are virtually uninsurable. Think Nigel just needs to keep looking around

And everyone of those trialists were here as they had the intention of trying to earn a contract.

My issue lies with the quality of player we are trialling.

If he is not good enough he won't have a chance of a contract. If he signs one. He will be on pay as you play or play for free to earn a contract. Clough has proved us wrong with Dickov.

He proved us wrong with Kuqi. Who knows.

Would be better if he was some unknown youth player from Mexico, people would be getting all excited then.

Think the issue is the extra ridicule that will be gauranteed to head our way on top of everything else if he is offered a contract.

If he is not good enough he won't have a chance of a contract. If he signs one. He will be on pay as you play or play for free to earn a contract. Clough has proved us wrong with Dickov.

He proved us wrong with Kuqi. Who knows.

I agree but where does the whole thing end? Do we trial every Tom, Dick and Harry that is out of contract and at one time in their career was good enough to play in the football league but not recently.

Dickov had a reputation for scoring goals and was still playing at this level when we picked him up. The same can be said of Kuqi.

Boulding?! No, the same cannot be said so why would anyone even begin to compare them.

Don't mix words.

again show me were it says he's having "a trial with a view to a contract", perhaps he's just training with us for some fitness and Clough fancied giving him a run out. Stop being so dramatic

Archived