Michael Boulding

EdinburghRam

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion and also through observation of how people around me feel i can tell you that if it became common knowledge, outside of forum world, that we were lining up a 35yr old nobody to play upfront, then it would infuriate so many people.

One of the reasons for peoples anger is the failure to replace Hulse and Commons, so, bringing this joker in would be seen in a very dim light and serve only to insight more to protest!

If you cannot see why this might cause the above reaction then don't get a job in PR, please.

Well perhaps you my friend are using this as false propoganda.

He had a game on trial, Clough merely looked at him because why not? We might aswell if he's about, and Clough wants to.

The fact that Clough wants to look at him makes no odds to a 'Board Out' campain, as the board hasn't suggested him in any way have they. Odds are they don't even know who he is.

So perhaps you jumping onto a player having 90 mins in the reserves and claiming he's being lined up as our savour by those evil, tricksy Americans is just your own spin to get more people to your cause.

Just a thought.

Well perhaps you my friend are using this as false propoganda.

He had a game on trial, Clough merely looked at him because why not? We might aswell if he's about, and Clough wants to.

The fact that Clough wants to look at him makes no odds to a 'Board Out' campain, as the board hasn't suggested him in any way have they. Odds are they don't even know who he is.

So perhaps you jumping onto a player having 90 mins in the reserves and claiming he's being lined up as our savour by those evil, tricksy Americans is just your own spin to get more people to your cause.

Just a thought.

You talk like i'm leading the GSE out movement, far from it, 'my friend'.

I just have an opinion and thats all it is remember, just like yours, that this will not sit well with those who, shall we say, are inclined to voice their anger.

In my opinion the club will not be 'allowed' to carry on like this for long as something will have to give. The fans are already starting to vote with their feet and Clough is showing all the signs of a manager on the brink.

Will the board leave?

Will Clough leave?

i don't know, just like you, but i'll tell you one thing this club should not be looking at players of this calibre.

You talk like i'm leading the GSE out movement, far from it, 'my friend'.

I just have an opinion and thats all it is remember, just like yours, that this will not sit well with those who, shall we say, are inclined to voice their anger.

In my opinion the club will not be 'allowed' to carry on like this for long as something will have to give. The fans are already starting to vote with their feet and Clough is showing all the signs of a manager on the brink.

Will the board leave?

Will Clough leave?

i don't know, just like you, but i'll tell you one thing this club should not be looking at players of this calibre.

My point is that this cannot be attributed to an 'Anti-Board' march as it has nothing to do with them, and so is irrelevant.

To an 'Anti-Clough' march it might have some meaning, but to an anti board one, it's not relevant.

Why is everyone sating he is a striker when he played on the wing? Why don't we all take a big chill pill, at the end of the day he has 1 game for the reserves, what is the big deal? Maybe we are helping him out with his fitness? The OS has put a trial I know but maybe it's a way to get round him playing?

My point is that this cannot be attributed to an 'Anti-Board' march as it has nothing to do with them, and so is irrelevant.

To an 'Anti-Clough' march it might have some meaning, but to an anti board one, it's not relevant.

You are right, in a measured and logical sense.

However, find me more than a few DCFC fans who share this mentality and i'll find you a ginger haired borrower with a bottle-top for a hat.

Generally this will be seen as a product of the lack of ambition shown by the club. The lack of ambition is most obvious in our transfer dealings and, therefore, will be attributed to the board for their lack of forthcoming funds.

I don't see how you can see us looking at Boulding as a positive.

Why is everyone sating he is a striker when he played on the wing? Why don't we all take a big chill pill, at the end of the day he has 1 game for the reserves, what is the big deal? Maybe we are helping him out with his fitness? The OS has put a trial I know but maybe it's a way to get round him playing?

On Wiki it says he can play as a striker or on the wing, i always remembered him as a striker. Him on one wing and Ben Davies on the other, that's guna strike fear into full backs.

You are right, in a measured and logical sense.

However, find me more than a few DCFC fans who share this mentality and i'll find you a ginger haired borrower with a bottle-top for a hat.

Generally this will be seen as a product of the lack of ambition shown by the club. The lack of ambition is most obvious in our transfer dealings and, therefore, will be attributed to the board for their lack of forthcoming funds.

I don't see how you can see us looking at Boulding as a positive.

Perhaps that's a sign that we've got a fair few idiotic fans if they would blame the board for this?

If someone thinks that we've been underfunded then that's their opinion, but we've pretty much loaned in Daniel Ayala and have loaned in players such as Luke Moore and Frank Fielding previously this season.

If people are then going to say "Oh, he's being forced to sign 35 year old free agents who have been released from clubs in League Two. The board are making him do this", then we really have some stupid fans.

This will not be their doing at all, this will be Clough or one of his fellow coaches ideas to give him a quick go.

I have never said it's a positive move, infact I said I hope that he's not being looked at as a serious option, but a quick look at him hurts no-one. He's available, other teams have had a quick look at him and we've got a few reserves who are out on international duty. No harm done in giving him a game in one of their places.

Weren't exactly the same comments made about 34 year old Kuqi, yet the majority of us would have him back in a flash.

There's only 9 months in age between them. Maybe he'll make the same sort if impact as Kuqi if given a chance.

Maybe because Kuqi is proven at this level and was half decent when he was here. Boulding played his entire career in the lower divisions and wasnt deemed good enough to play for Bradford.

Weren't exactly the same comments made about 34 year old Kuqi, yet the majority of us would have him back in a flash.

There's only 9 months in age between them. Maybe he'll make the same sort if impact as Kuqi if given a chance.

Kuqi was not playing for his lunch (well actually nothing) at Barnsley, he was playing for Swansea as their player under contract, the only parallel is age.

Being forced to offer the likes of Boulding a trial with a view to a contract just shows how low our once great club has gone.

A lower league journeyman who might if we are lucky grab the very occasional goal.

Clough clearly thinks we are in a desperate situation and desperate situations call for desperate measures.

I stated in an earlier thread that I am becoming embarrassed and slightly ashamed to be a DCFC fan. We are and deserve to be the ridicule not only of the East Midlands for our currrent predicament but also for the whole footballing world for our recent premiership campaign.

Embarrassing.

"Quick Mick" coming to Derby???

Holdsworth had wanted him to join Mansfield this summer.

Boulding had been training with the Stags and travelled to Barnsley for a behind closed doors friendly match in which he scored as Stags won 3-0.

After the game Bouilding apparantly rang Tykes boss Mark Robins and offered his service for free to rejoin the club he played for between 2004 and 2006.

Boulding offered to play for Barnsley for free and earn himself a contract. Surely he is offering the same for Derby.

He never actually played a league game at Barnsley this year. His gamble failed. He appeared on the bench for there first few games this season and scored in one reserve match.

Seems like he was released back in November.

He used to have pace and be a good finisher, in the lower leagues.

and was described as a player who likes to run the channels and receive the ball at his feet.

Barnsley fans were disgusted when they announced his signing in the summer.

One section of supporters called it the worst piece of PR in the history of the club whilst others were applauding both Boulding and the club for such a noble approach to the situation.

Boulding chose to chance it all on a return to Barnsley, where he scored 10 goals in 27 starts some 5 years ago, with no guarantees and no pay.

If it was a teenage footballer hoping to earn a deal, he would have been praised for his belief and ambition, but this sounds like the move of a desperate veteran trying to swing one last deal through before he retires?

Sounds like he is still desperate for one more chance and has rang up Clough with a similar offfer he had for Mark Robins.

Suppose if he joined and ended up sitting on the bench and adding some experience there and also played in a few reserves matches to help along the young ones it might be worth it. It should never be announced though until we have signed the other two strikers we are after.

It should be a signal to the fans to protest on Saturday as well, as it shows Clough is being denied real funds he needs for wages to bolster the side.

On Wiki it says he can play as a striker or on the wing, i always remembered him as a striker. Him on one wing and Ben Davies on the other, that's guna strike fear into full backs.

It also says on Wiki that he chose to retire in 2005 rather than play on the wing. He considers playing out wide to be the "graveyard shift", apparently. No good for us then, we only sign players who are willing to play in any position other than the one they were signed for.

Archived