Steve Mclaren Anybody.

hintonsboots

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit of google would show he is at Everton.

Was mentioned in here as a rumour because he was at the Leicester game.

A more sensible deduction would be he was watching Yakubu perhaps.

A very likely situation. The Rams Trust were told by Tom Glick in a recent meeting that "was no scenario in which Clough will be replaced. Right man for job, the ‘stability is everything’"

So unless he walks Clough will be here for some time to come.

We need to support Clough until he is sacked or walks away, I don't want to let him leave this club with a bad taste in his mouth about Derby County.

I must admit anyone else with no attachment to the club I would now not give a toss, but I just can't do that with Clough, I'll continue to support him.. if we get relegated though, I just can't accept that.

We need to support Clough until he is sacked or walks away, I don't want to let him leave this club with a bad taste in his mouth about Derby County.

I must admit anyone else with no attachment to the club I would now not give a toss, but I just can't do that with Clough, I'll continue to support him.. if we get relegated though, I just can't accept that.

I knew we were going through a bad patch but bloody hell, 1 win in 14???

I've never been one for rushed sackings but god i'm quite worried. We are in a bit of a crap situation where the board can't sack Clough because he has had to cut the wage bill so much. This is the Championship, not the prem. 1 win in 14 is not good enough for this league. Is it the lack of investment, poor tactics, or both. I don't know what to think.

I knew we were going through a bad patch but bloody hell, 1 win in 14???

I've never been one for rushed sackings but god i'm quite worried. We are in a bit of a crap situation where the board can't sack Clough because he has had to cut the wage bill so much. This is the Championship, not the prem. 1 win in 14 is not good enough for this league. Is it the lack of investment, poor tactics, or both. I don't know what to think.

its both mate.Clough has got to go now though.enough is enough.

Clough cannot manage at this level, and before you start with the wrist slasher comments, i want him to succeed as much as anyone!

Look at it in black and white (excuse the pun). We are in an horrendous run of form which imo is Clough's fault, he had a winning team and dismantled it. The board do not pick who he signs or who he plays, these decisions are the managers.

I'd go as far to say that the board's continual support is admirable, in what must be a very difficult situation.

Progress? (_________insert tumbleweed here___________)

Clough cannot manage at this level, and before you start with the wrist slasher comments, i want him to succeed as much as anyone!

Look at it in black and white (excuse the pun). We are in an horrendous run of form which imo is Clough's fault, he had a winning team and dismantled it. The board do not pick who he signs or who he plays, these decisions are the managers.

I'd go as far to say that the board's continual support is admirable, in what must be a very difficult situation.

I can't argue, in some cases his hand was forced.

I believe if he wanted fielding and kuqi would be here now who were part of that winning team, he stripped a few players of what confidence they had.. again had my head in my hand at them comments.

I am getting disillusioned by football at the minute, seems at this club there is nothing to look forward, if you want to ruin your kids idea of what football should be like, send him to pride park..

however as I've said previously, I'll support Clough till the end. I think he does have the makings of a good manager and will be successful one day but at the minute he seems to be like a broken man, he needs to bounce back and be a leader, does he have it in him.. well if he does, he should of shown it by now.. he should of showed it after the first defeat and stopped the rot.

I am genuinely worried, losing Clough now would only knock us more off form, and we would be VERY lucky to stay up IMO. It'd be a dangerous situation to leave us in. The next 3 games shape the rest of our season, but I wish it ended now.

I wan't him to succeed as well. How cool would it be for the second coming of Clough to be a success and sort out the unfinished business of his dad but League one would be a disaster no matter what some dumbasses say about it being a chance to regroup. It took ages for Forest and Leeds to get out of it. Chances are it won't be a one season stay. The board has to be strong but i don't think they know what their doing.

i'd say yes right now, derby have never had an ex england manager in charge! he knows derby better then clough! least he's been here n took us up! cant question his club manager record! he took boro to a cup final , think only final clough will take us to is........... nope cant think :confused:

i'd say yes right now, derby have never had an ex england manager in charge! he knows derby better then clough! least he's been here n took us up! cant question his club manager record! he took boro to a cup final , think only final clough will take us to is........... nope cant think :confused:

Was that before or after Mclaren spent 583 trillion pounds on massimo maccarone, Michael Rickets, Malcolm Christie....... i could go on.

i think he could attract better players on loan than what clough is getting

we were talking about that before the game - are we suffering because Clough and his backroom team (other than Metgod) all came from a non-league background and therefore don't have the network of contacts at a higher level? they've also spent the previous seasons not having to be concerned with players in the championship/premier league, so don't have the depth of knowledge of what's out there....on the other hand, it could just be that we won't pay the wages needed to get the better players....

we were talking about that before the game - are we suffering because Clough and his backroom team (other than Metgod) all came from a non-league background and therefore don't have the network of contacts at a higher level? they've also spent the previous seasons not having to be concerned with players in the championship/premier league, so don't have the depth of knowledge of what's out there....on the other hand, it could just be that we won't pay the wages needed to get the better players....

I agree with this, it was my main worry in appointing Clough, and it does seem the signings are mainly of the unremarkable variety, even on loan, practically always mediocre players who can't get a place with a team at the bottom of the league (doesn't inspire confidence in the scouting network for unearthing people like Rasiak, Idiakez, Bisgaard, Osman etc that came in the Burley era when we had even less money available).

Also alot of what he says reminds me of John Gregory's reign which can't be a good sign!

Yes i can really see Mclaren go from Champions League to struggling Championship manager. For goodness sake get real! Even if we had dictator arab owners, they still couldn't get him!

If you actually read the thread you will see that McClaren has stated he would join a championship club.

Archived