Steve Mclaren Anybody.

hintonsboots

Agreed, but a small minority are blind and have nothing better to do than post 20 odd emails a day slating him. Probably the same ones that phones the "moan in" as well:mad:

Blind? Explain why some are blind and how Nigel is a 'bloody good manager'. You're no better a fan because you don't have a negative word to say, all our fans have a right to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not is not really an issue.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blind? Explain why some are blind and how Nigel is a 'bloody good manager'. You're no better a fan because you don't have a negative word to say, all our fans have a right to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not is not really an issue.

Exactly, ahhh tis a joy to read. Im fed up of being made to feel like an arse because I don't have faith in our manager. I still love Derby as much as the rest of you, So that's why I want to see a new manager. Just wouldn't be too hasty until we know we can replace him with someone who really can motivate the team and gain some consistency whilst still playing football.

Realistic, if clough did go we'd end up with someone awful.

Brian Laws or Gary Megson for example.

I personally think the club would avoid giving a big contract to anyone or avoid paying compensation and give Johnny Metgod the managers job if Clough went...

I don't want Clough to go but I have got in mind who I'd want as manager if it did happen

The players have lost the swagger they had in that great run earlier in the season, but another reason for lumping it long and hope tactics we have reverted to is Porter has no pace, exactly as it was when we had to rely on Kuqi up front at Hull, we lacked pace, Moore gave us that and helped us play the 4231 system more fluently. The other thing is the players have lost their confidence and the habbit of winning, scoring and you name it and we look like relegation candidates all of a sudden.

Hopefully a couple of new players coming in in the next few weeks and we can scrape a few results together again and start building a new run.

We need to stick with Clough. I was reassured to hear he sounded composed enough following the Watford defeat. Diden`t sound like his job was on the line. He needs to be given a chance this season whatever the result against Forest.

The board probably have no season target other than to cut costs and stay in the division again this season, anything else is a bonus. Clough still offers them a safer route with their money, than bringing in a new manager who would want money for transfers and would be after reshaping the squad again. Clough has put up with their tight arsed regime so far and been very diplomatic in public. They no doubt are relying on the fan base buying into the Clough family legacy and all that, so expect people will put up with the poor results for a longer term hope of better things and slow progress.

At least keeping the Clough team in charge allows them to learn their trade with us, offers us stability from the Under 8`s upwards.

We need to stick with Clough. I was reassured to hear he sounded composed enough following the Watford defeat. Diden`t sound like his job was on the line. He needs to be given a chance this season whatever the result against Forest.

The board probably have no season target other than to cut costs and stay in the division again this season, anything else is a bonus. Clough still offers them a safer route with their money, than bringing in a new manager who would want money for transfers and would be after reshaping the squad again. Clough has put up with their tight arsed regime so far and been very diplomatic in public. They no doubt are relying on the fan base buying into the Clough family legacy and all that, so expect people will put up with the poor results for a longer term hope of better things and slow progress.

At least keeping the Clough team in charge allows them to learn their trade with us, offers us stability from the Under 8`s upwards.

I don't get that, you're saying keep him because he makes it easy for the board to run us into the ground?

Mcclaren got a draw this weekend against Bayern.His job is pretty safe for a few weeks.I dont want him to be honest,Id love Hodgson here.

And I'd love a dirty weekend with Rihanna and no questions asked by my Mrs but it ain't gonna happen*

Let's see how it goes, see if Nigel can learn from his mistakes and realise sometimes players need a kick up the arse and other times an arm around their shoulder. And also not to hit the panic button and go all 'solid and route one' when we hit trouble.

*just because my Mrs wouldn't understand, not because I couldn't pull Rihanna

Metgod has managed once, quite a while a go. In fact he's probably managed twice as caretaker manager at Excelsior Rotterdam. But i'm not talking about managerial skills, i'm talking about knowing when to listen to someone when you may be wrong yourself.

I think maybe Clough can be a little stubborn from time to time, just to try and prove a point. His sheer determination, whilst serving him well in the past and will continue to do so for the rest of his career, could also be his weakness.

Metgod might serve to point things out when Clough is getting to far ahead of himself. Frustration, Clough clearly is frustrated, is a blind spot when trying to achieve.

We've all been there, doing homework or a puzzle like sudoko. We try to figure it out, but for a long time we can't, we take a break and then go back to it, suddenly the answer is staring at us. We wonder why we couldn't see it in the first place. Or sometimes our friend/colleague points it out, we're either grateful or envious.

I like Clough, i think he is the right man, but he has this weakness. I like Metgods presence and feel Clough and Metgod can work well together, i sincerely hope Clough is not envious of Metgod.

You haven't noticed how Metgod is less involved with media now? They had an argument on the touchline, now the guy is very much in the background.

ETA: My main point was the motivation factor. The squad is happy if Clough, and Metgod are happy. Clough is a very frustrated man at the moment and it shows in his squad choices. It shows in the personnel, they don't look at all the same squad as that great run.

His words after the Forest game were '....that will live long in the memory...', meaning he was seriously upset about that, angry.

It shows!

I just wanted you to read that bolded bit and have a little think to yourself for a while.

I'll be back on in a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

McClaren. Yeah, great.

He'd really get this squad up the table wouldn't he. This great side that are underperforming because Nigel Clough is manager. Yep, Steve'll sort that.

He'll also obviously sort out the chronic under investment in the squad, and stop the sale of good players. Infact, we'd probably be pushing for promotion if we got Steve in!

And obviously, the board would be more than happy to chop Nigel and buy him out of contract. Then, I'm sure Steve will take a small fraction of the salary he was on at Wolfsburg. Sure!

If we sack Nigel Clough and get anyone in that isn't a quality manager with Championship pedigree, I won't be renewing my season ticket, because I'm not having my money spent on buying managers out of contract for no reason.

If we sack Nigel Clough and get anyone in that isn't a quality manager with Championship pedigree, I won't be renewing my season ticket, because I'm not having my money spent on buying managers out of contract for no reason.

If Clough gets the boot it won't be for no reason - it'll be because enough fans have turned against him for long enough and loudly enough to influence the board into giving him the boot. I think the board know that no-one with proven pedigree is going to come here and work under the financial restrictions thus far imposed on Clough, so they've got to stick with him until there's absolutely no choice but to sack him.

As for Steve McClaren? Err, no thanks.

Has to be one of the worst players i ever saw in a Derby shirt.Just strolled around never doing nothing usefull.

But as the England manager i think he had somewhat of a rough ride.

And i dont think he is as bad as he has been made out to be.

If I remember correctly, the last few results before the defeat to Croatia were very good. A few 3-0 victories.

Steve mclaren,

Things to like about him :

1,Ex ram

2,Part of the coaching staff the last time we had a decent side

Things not to like :

1, Sinister smile

2, Constantly referring to Steven Gerrard as "Stevie G"

3, The umbrella, obviously

4, Bizzare adoptive accent of any country that pays his wages

5, Wasn't very good in a rams shirt

6, Probably can't grow a mexican moustache

If Clough gets the boot it won't be for no reason - it'll be because enough fans have turned against him for long enough and loudly enough to influence the board into giving him the boot. I think the board know that no-one with proven pedigree is going to come here and work under the financial restrictions thus far imposed on Clough, so they've got to stick with him until there's absolutely no choice but to sack him.

As for Steve McClaren? Err, no thanks.

COMPLETELY AGREE only did fairly well once in European Cup with Boro shocking in league, lucky in cup bit like Fulham. Did in Holland with Mickey mouse team and dreadful in Derby. Shocking at England. DO NOT WANT HIM HERE

:eek:

I rest my case. But i am prepared to give him a final game v Fester on Sat. We should win it easy with all our new strikers.

The truth is though that the owners can't afford to back him or sack him, and certainly can't afford a decent manager as a replacement.

I remember Ken Bates review of the Championship at the beginning of the season:-

Derby County.....There's no money there. That is our big problem.

Archived