Steve Mclaren Anybody.

hintonsboots

wilko....the lowest points in the premier EVER counts in my book as not quite good enough mate..

also try and remember or av a look back as i think you will find billy spent quite a lot getting us up that season as well

so yeah promotion was good but overall not quite good enough (imo)

How much money would you like Nigel to have in order to be able to say he's had a fair crack at it? Probably about the same that Billy had. Nobody was complaining when he got us up. Don't remember saying he was a poor manager then.

He had half a season in the worst total so not entirely to blame. We went up too soon in my view, never had anywhere near a good enough squad to compete in the Prem.

I think Forest will get promoted and end up staying up. If they do that will Billy still not be quite good enough?

I still don't like the geezer though......

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Billy did also get us into the top 2 after not spending that much, it was Jan the board let him go a bit mad and buy every player he could. He also got Preston into the play offs a few times never spending much

David Nugent- £100k or £200k from Bury? Youl from us on a free. He did get some bargains

Anyone know what kind of wage bill forest are on? i presume with all their quality players it must be alot, add that to the fact they've spent millions and doesn't anyone think if they miss out in the playoffs, this season(and maybe next?) there going to run into significant trouble? ;) one can hope

Ps.correct me if i'm totally wrong :L

The wage is quoted at £16m and its unlikely they'll be in trouble even if they continue to miss out on promotion as the owner is a lifelong fan and wealthy enough to keep bankrolling the club.

Unless he ever wants the money back in which case aye they'll be fooked big time but again very unlikely.

The wage is quoted at £16m and its unlikely they'll be in trouble even if they continue to miss out on promotion as the owner is a lifelong fan and wealthy enough to keep bankrolling the club.

Unless he ever wants the money back in which case aye they'll be fooked big time but again very unlikely.

Hasn't he got interest on the money he has "loaned" the club?

Something I had heard a couple of years ago, he was loaning the money to the club with an interest rate on it.

Given the amount he must have loaned during his time there they had better get to the premier at some point, although some cost cutting has been mentioned already with regards to renewing contracts...

"Nobody was complaining when he got us up. Don't remember saying he was a poor manager then"

everyone was caught up with the playoof hoopla and all that but if you think back quite a few people wernt happy with the style of play, the fact he changed a winning side in jan and it went a bit tits up dispite the jan spend and the roumers of discontent in the squad.

he was always being linked with every job available and didnt do anything to make sure we knew he was fully commited to dcfc and there were quite a few people on forums (not this one but deffo the ssa) that were a little concerned to say the least

lets not get nostalic about when billy was our king:D

steve round as manager? is that the roumer?

"Nobody was complaining when he got us up. Don't remember saying he was a poor manager then"

everyone was caught up with the playoof hoopla and all that but if you think back quite a few people wernt happy with the style of play, the fact he changed a winning side in jan and it went a bit tits up dispite the jan spend and the roumers of discontent in the squad.

he was always being linked with every job available and didnt do anything to make sure we knew he was fully commited to dcfc and there were quite a few people on forums (not this one but deffo the ssa) that were a little concerned to say the least

lets not get nostalic about when billy was our king:D

steve round as manager? is that the roumer?

i was just told it today by a friend who knows a fair bit but only time will tell.. i dont even know where round is nowdays

i was just told it today by a friend who knows a fair bit but only time will tell.. i dont even know where round is nowdays

A bit of google would show he is at Everton.

Was mentioned in here as a rumour because he was at the Leicester game.

A more sensible deduction would be he was watching Yakubu perhaps.

Archived