Martyn Waghorn - Leicester City

matty1

Who says who is and isn't an idiot?

I'm sure if I stuck a poll up "am I an idiot?" I would hopefully get mixed responses...not all yes you are.

Only way you could do it is with a fans forum, a mixture of people. I don't think anyone can be truely sat on the fence feeling 50/50 about the situation.

Yes, either viewpoint as long as not too extreme would be fine, but i'm talking about as long as it's not the fools you get on the facebook pages for Derby who want to know why we're not after Yakubu when Leicester are. That sort of thing.

The ones who claim all the players are crap if they lose, and that Moore was crap altogether. As long as these people weren't there, it'd be fine.

For example, the more level headed members of each side of the fence from this forum would be good.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's enough of them that they could just come over on rotation. At the moment they appear to be far removed, and remote. It hardly gives an impression that they're serious about the club unfortunately.

Maybe that's just what they want to do? Get someone in to run it, give them money over the summer and keep checking in with how it's going.

Seems to be working ok at the moment. Well, imo anyway.

Would be good to have Jeff Mallet over for a game though, to talk to about how its been going etc.

Maybe that's just what they want to do? Get someone in to run it, give them money over the summer and keep checking in with how it's going.

Would be good to have Jeff Mallet over for a game though, to talk to about how its been going etc.

I don't think GSE would allow this. It would be easy for the media here to pick on certain quotes and also ask them questions about our club, which undoubtedly they will struggle to answer. It wouldn't look great.

I think the investors enjoy being silent partners anyway.

I think you'll find that they would rather take some money out each summer if they could. Maybe they haven't been able to yet, but I doubt they see us as a charity to be kept afloat. They will want to make a profit, either by selling on or taking dividends, or in an ideal world both.

Couldn't give a rats arse about who Brian Clough did or did not have a problem with.

Fact is that Leicester are our rivals. Not our fierceist rivals but rivals none the less and I don't like doing business with rival teams.

I hate the fact that Leicester and Forest are both in a position to improve on already good squads and Leicester are willing to help little old Derby by lending us players that are not good enough for their own side.

Alex, I am shocked that you don't consider Leicester as our rivals. Have you worked anyway near Leicestershire as they certainly see us as massive rivals and yes, while they are not on the scale of Forest, some of my greatest memories at the BBG were playing Leiscester and being close enough to literally grapple with their fans.

I work in Loughborough And the supposed rivalry does not come over as imagined here.

Greatest memories at BBG playing Leicester ?? Very strange.

Enjoy your humble pie !

I say 'more interesting from my perspective' because it was the international marketing savvy that make me excited when GSE came in, hence it has been a great source of disapointment that they've taken no steps to do that.

Didn't the Mushy Peas do it for you then, Pete?

I don't think GSE would allow this. It would be easy for the media here to pick on certain quotes and also ask them questions about our club, which undoubtedly they will struggle to answer. It wouldn't look great.

I think the investors enjoy being silent partners anyway.

It would be good though, I know it won't happen but it'd be good to do it.

Perhaps we haven't got the millions and millions in funding that Leicesters board have? They've signed Yakubu on for £60k a week, not even QPR are paying that for loan players.

They're paying him £45K per week.

Our owners are far more wealthy than those who run Leicester. What Leicester do have are people with the will to invest, and expertise in where / how to invest it.

Archived