Martyn Waghorn - Leicester City

matty1

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wednesday today Ducky!!! What day is it Russia???

Thought i would remind ppl it should happen today!! Get on the vodka yoooth that will help with the depression!!!

Sven said that MW going nowhere... Gallagher was injured yesterday and Vassell is not fit yet.

"Sven has just confirmed, Martyn Waghorn WILL NOT be joining Derby County on loan tomorrow or until he knows about Vassell's injury.”

Sven said that MW going nowhere... Gallagher was injured yesterday and Vassell is not fit yet.

"Sven has just confirmed, Martyn Waghorn WILL NOT be joining Derby County on loan tomorrow or until he knows about Vassell's injury.â€

Says in today's Leciester Mercury that Sven expects both Gallagher and Vassell to be fit for Saturday.

< adopting a tone akin to PeteDerby addressing Alex W> (see what i did there)

I know your massive, massive ego can't take this but if i may i would like to point a few things out.

The fire sales and cost-cutting only took place after Jewell failed miserably. I don't blame the investors for not giving GSE anymore extra funds.

Also, the moany wanky fans who boo players, boo the team, are now turning round demanding more investment. If i was an investor i would say, " **** you, you ******* typical moaning English *******."

It's not as if this has gone to plan for GSE or the investors is it? I can't blame the investors for not wanting to invest more money, and i can't blame GSE for failing to aquire the extra investment they promised in a recession.

So what do you do? You make the business viable, which is what they are doing.

This squad gets booed all the feckin time. And why? Because of the lack of investment or the piss poor support (i'm talking home games)?

I'll clap myself off Trig, just before i blame Glick for Gallagher getting injured :rolleyes:

You really don't like me, do you Dave :D I love the way you "know" what my ego can and can't take; when you yourself are still blubbering after some war of words I've long since forgotten about. Clearly you are judging me by your own standards.

The firesale started before then, actually... Howard, Oakley, Jones, Earnshaw, Miller etc etc. Whether or not they wanted to stay or not, the money they raised wasn't put back into the team or, if it was, the £10million promised for new players wasn't put in - which is EXACTLY what Gadsby claimed on exit: they got the club on a heap of financial promises, then delivered none of them once they'd got the keys to Pride Park, Moor Farm etc.

Had they delivered upon the basis they got control, we simply wouldn't be having these kind of conversations. If they'd turned up with the full £50million promised, then Clough could have been trading players to make up any shortfall between revenue and outgoings. However, there's no room to do that at the moment because the sqaud is too threadbare to wheel and deal. All symptoms of an under-funded club.

You seem to lose the plot a bit when you go off on one about booing wanky fans. I'm certainly not one of those. But neither am I a blind-faith muppet who can't see that giving support to a tin-pot regime with no funds is actually causing far more damage to the club in the long term.

No cash = poor squad = no achievement = less revenue = worse squad etc etc etc. We are the best supported club outside of the Premiership. If GSE and the investors can't build upon that then they are just wasting everyone's time including their own.

You really don't like me, do you Dave :D I love the way you "know" what my ego can and can't take; when you yourself are still blubbering after some war of words I've long since forgotten about. Clearly you are judging me by your own standards.

The firesale started before then, actually... Howard, Oakley, Jones, Earnshaw, Miller etc etc. Whether or not they wanted to stay or not, the money they raised wasn't put back into the team or, if it was, the £10million promised for new players wasn't put in - which is EXACTLY what Gadsby claimed on exit: they got the club on a heap of financial promises, then delivered none of them once they'd got the keys to Pride Park, Moor Farm etc.

Had they delivered upon the basis they got control, we simply wouldn't be having these kind of conversations. If they'd turned up with the full £50million promised, then Clough could have been trading players to make up any shortfall between revenue and outgoings. However, there's no room to do that at the moment because the sqaud is too threadbare to wheel and deal. All symptoms of an under-funded club.

You seem to lose the plot a bit when you go off on one about booing wanky fans. I'm certainly not one of those. But neither am I a blind-faith muppet who can't see that giving support to a tin-pot regime with no funds is actually causing far more damage to the club in the long term.

No cash = poor squad = no achievement = less revenue = worse squad etc etc etc. We are the best supported club outside of the Premiership. If GSE and the investors can't build upon that then they are just wasting everyone's time including their own.

Amen.

Well said mate.

I'm not argueing the facts whch you have stated, i was pointing out why what is happening is happening.

And venting frustrations on a young, under funded team doesn't help. It just makes the decline faster.

IN my mind GSE won't like this situation, they're hands are tied.

The investors won't like this situation because they want a return, which seems increasingly unlikely.

It's a catch 22. Nobody wants this club to get relegated, it's not in anyones interest.

But calling for the boards heads when there is no alternative is just stupid.

I'm not argueing the facts whch you have stated, i was pointing out why what is happening is happening.

And venting frustrations on a young, under funded team doesn't help. It just makes the decline faster.

IN my mind GSE won't like this situation, they're hands are tied.

The investors won't like this situation because they want a return, which seems increasingly unlikely.

It's a catch 22. Nobody wants this club to get relegated, it's not in anyones interest.

But calling for the boards heads when there is no alternative is just stupid.

I have to say, honestly, you have a way of saying things that makes me laugh out loud - in a good way.

We agree entirely about not venting frustrations on the team. I don't.

We differ on how we got here and what to do about it. The investors are worth billions and they are never going to get any sort of return unless they speculate a fraction of it.

If they expected a big return from a British football club that was being relegated, without putting in some reasonable funds on the playing side, then it was a mistake getting involved in the first place.

They should know this, because they've put hundreds of millions into whatever sporting teams they invest in over there.

There is a solution other than slow, lingering death. That is that they either give the manager some reasonable room to manouvre, or put the club on the market.

**** or get off the pot, as the saying goes.

Mandaric decided that he wanted out of Leicester and within months he had found a buyer who was prepared to invest in the club.

It would appear that our owners don't wish to sell and they sure as **** don't want to spend any money on the playing staff so we are in limbo.

They would'nt however be able to carry on without the usual season ticket money coming into the club every may-june-july. That would require supporters to stop thinking about their seat and to go on a game by game basis for a season. Is that too much to ask to get these monkeys off our back?

Archived