Martyn Waghorn - Leicester City

matty1

Maybe the guy could do a job for us but I don't like this at all.

All us Rams fans are going to have to eat a very large slice of humble pie if this deal goes ahead.

Having to borrow a player from one of our fierce rivals as he is considered surplus to their requirements yet would likely be our star man should he come.

What next? Borrowing a forest youth team player to sure up our defence?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be we have all been led up the garden path on this one and it is someone else entirely.

If it is Waghorn we are chasing. He was on the bench at the weekend and an unused sub. They are waiting on news of Vassell`s injury and should find out later today if he will be back for them. Hence talk of a midweek transfer here, if it comes off

Would think Leicester would be well confident of finishing well above us in the table with their buying power and comparing the two teams current squads and form.

It will probably come down to money

which manager convinces him more.

which team he thinks he would get more playing time with

location probably not a factor, but Waghorn would be down the road from here

Maybe the guy could do a job for us but I don't like this at all.

All us Rams fans are going to have to eat a very large slice of humble pie if this deal goes ahead.

Having to borrow a player from one of our fierce rivals as he is considered surplus to their requirements yet would likely be our star man should he come.

What next? Borrowing a forest youth team player to sure up our defence?

Brian C didn't have a problem taking David Nish nor did they taking Oakley & Howard.

I'm sure there are more I can't think of at the moment.

Brian C didn't have a problem taking David Nish nor did they taking Oakley & Howard.

I'm sure there are more I can't think of at the moment.

Couldn't give a rats arse about who Brian Clough did or did not have a problem with.

Fact is that Leicester are our rivals. Not our fierceist rivals but rivals none the less and I don't like doing business with rival teams.

I hate the fact that Leicester and Forest are both in a position to improve on already good squads and Leicester are willing to help little old Derby by lending us players that are not good enough for their own side.

Alex, I am shocked that you don't consider Leicester as our rivals. Have you worked anyway near Leicestershire as they certainly see us as massive rivals and yes, while they are not on the scale of Forest, some of my greatest memories at the BBG were playing Leiscester and being close enough to literally grapple with their fans.

And being squashed in a corner at Filbert Street - taking the pish out of them singing Leicester, Leicester... in really high pitched voices......oh the memories.:D

Derby County expect to complete the loan signing of Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn on Wednesday, BBC Radio Derby understands.

Waghorn only joined in August but has failed to win a regular place since Sven-Goran Eriksson took over as boss.

The 20-year-old is likely to feature in Tuesday's FA Cup tie at Manchester City as Yakubu is not eligible to play and Darius Vassell has a hamstring injury.

But he has only started 11 games this season and is not a first choice.

Waghorn is thought to be keen go out on loan as he is eager to play regularly.

Alex, I am shocked that you don't consider Leicester as our rivals. Have you worked anyway near Leicestershire as they certainly see us as massive rivals and yes, while they are not on the scale of Forest, some of my greatest memories at the BBG were playing Leiscester and being close enough to literally grapple with their fans.

I have never considered them rivals, I don't care for them or against them. More against but mainly, with all due respect to them, because I don't see them as a club with anything special about them.

I have no history of the BC days, i'm 19 so i've missed them entirely. I have no feeling of rivalry with Leicester because of that. I know younger Leicester fans who feel the same.

Derby County expect to complete the loan signing of Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn on Wednesday, BBC Radio Derby understands.

Waghorn only joined in August but has failed to win a regular place since Sven-Goran Eriksson took over as boss.

The 20-year-old is likely to feature in Tuesday's FA Cup tie at Manchester City as Yakubu is not eligible to play and Darius Vassell has a hamstring injury.

Cue injury, out for six months:eek:

A youngster with a point to prove, could be a good signing. Scored 12 last season for them off 29 starts and 18 sub appearances, so a 1 in 4 goals to games record in all appearances. This year he has 3 in 23 appearances (11 starts) so mot as good.

I hope he comes here and proves his point.

I lived in Loughborough last year for a few months and I knew alot of Foxes and a few rams with bitter rivarly towards one another. Started to rub off on me. To say we haven't got a rivarly with them is abit rich as I'd guess if you were to canvass opinion of the entire fanbase they would make top 5 and possibly top 3. For alot of us older fans (though I'm only 30's), we remember the days back at Filbert St. and the BBG (lest not forget Wembley) just as the older generation remembered the Leeds days. I laugh at the younger fans thinking we have rivarly with Leeds, the old boys do but we don't, I don't like Leeds but they don't even register with me as it's before my era. Cicumstantial rivarlies with the likes of Leeds, more recently Preston, Swansea (Bodde saga) and any other you can think of, come and go, we're left with Forest and Leceister, the geographical rivarlies, they'll always be here in some form or another as depending on where you live, you're on each others doorsteps.

I agree with mcsilks, I find it abit embarrassing really to have to talk to one of my best mates who is Fester about us signing their fringe players to help develop them or ultimately help their value go up. I was used to having the upper hand on him but they've leapfrogged us from L1 whilst we have stagnated. Just abit cringe for those of us who do consider Leceister rivals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9365202.stm

He moved to the Walkers Stadium from Sunderland on a permanent basis in the summer in search of first-team football.

SillyBilly is in Grantham :eek:

I used to got to the Kings school there!!

Aye, been here a couple of months now, just renting as don't know how long I'm sticking around as usual. Lovely building is that!

Aye, been here a couple of months now, just renting as don't know how long I'm sticking around as usual. Lovely building is that!

Not too long if you can help it ;). The towns closing down. Even Marks and Sparks have gone :eek:. And then theres the traffic.

Get yourself a bit further up the A1 to Newark. Much better town, job and shopping wise.

Not too long if you can help it ;). The towns closing down. Even Marks and Sparks have gone :eek:. And then theres the traffic.

Get yourself a bit further up the A1 to Newark. Much better town, job and shopping wise.

I wouldn't count on staying too long, haven't lived in the same place for more than a few months for years, never know where my job is going to take me, which can be interesting/unsettling. It's alreeet the yocals are friendly enough- I've been worser places (Wolverhampton!).

Archived