Martyn Waghorn - Leicester City

matty1

Mandaric decided that he wanted out of Leicester and within months he had found a buyer who was prepared to invest in the club.

It would appear that our owners don't wish to sell and they sure as **** don't want to spend any money on the playing staff so we are in limbo.

They would'nt however be able to carry on without the usual season ticket money coming into the club every may-june-july. That would require supporters to stop thinking about their seat and to go on a game by game basis for a season. Is that too much to ask to get these monkeys off our back?

If all the season ticket holders payed on a game by game basis the club would get about three times as much...it would cause a cashflow nightmare over the summer though!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Plan B, dont tell me that Clough has not got one ?

sign Vassell on loan.....can;t believe no-one thought of it.

he's a striker.....and he plays for leicester....what more reason do we need ?

Don't know if this is owt or nowt, but I was out with someone last night who's got a mate behind the scenes at Leicester. Seems that Waghorn was pretty much sorted for Derby but interest from Preston changed things.

Whether that's down to money or Preston connections he wasn't sure?

It was an interesting take from a Leicester fan, actually, with him saying the Derby job is the biggest one outside of the Premiership etc etc, hence needing a big manager to cope with expectations.

More interesting from my perspective was his take on the commercial side of Leicester; how their new owners really are making them a global brand, with a huge marketing drive abroad bringing in significant revenues; hence the need to be associated with names like Sven, Yakubu, Henri etc.

He couldn't really get his head around why Derby's owners weren't doing a similar thing? Speculating that they had the right idea when they came in, but no expertise to actually make it happen.

I say 'more interesting from my perspective' because it was the international marketing savvy that make me excited when GSE came in, hence it has been a great source of disapointment that they've taken no steps to do that.

Saying and doing, as we all know, are two different things. All the gear (as in the people with the big talk) but no idea (as in the people with the proven experience to do it) springs to mind.

My problem Alex is that this happens because we have to go cap in hand to borrow players from a local rival. The board that you constantly defend promised to make us into a global brand and instead we are a laughing stock.

If you are buying players then you offer a realistic amount and get on with making the deal but this nonsense will leave us with no new faces.

As usual we will have to wait and see how the window pans out but it does not look good.

I have no doubt that should we recruit nobody you will still be backing this board however.

Considering that the only reason that the deal is in doubt is because of an injury that we could never have stopped, I don't see the problem?

Waghorn was signed for £3m in the summer, and was wanted by several other Championship clubs before joining them, he's a very good player and better than most we could get on permanent deals.

I change my views with what I see, if we didn't manage even any loans (which we would have had two for definite if not for this injury, one will be coming soon) I would not be happy. But I think we will. Even if it means waiting another week on Waghorn, which i'm not sure it will.

<adopting a tone akin to Blackadder addressing Baldrick>

I know tiny tiny brain, but the point you seem completely unable to fathom with your head so far up Glick's backside (presumably because for some bizarre reason they let you in the press box) is that we've resorted to begging 2nd string players from rivals precisely because GSE have serially failed in their #1 role; which is ensuring adequate funding from investors.

The fire-sale of players and constant cost-cutting since they arrived is all symptomatic of this failure. Why can't you just admit it - you're making yourself look really, really silly now.

It has been mentioned that the Americans have screwed me over personally once before, my views aren't clouded by being allowed into the Press Box.

If by second string players you're failing to take note of the calibre of player they're signing already, then this player would be first string in almost any side in this league. He's a fantastic player.

Fire-sale? What fire-sale? Have I missed something? I do believe we've not had one of those at all. The cost cutting was merely the wages which are still one of the higher budgets in the league.

Don't know if this is owt or nowt, but I was out with someone last night who's got a mate behind the scenes at Leicester. Seems that Waghorn was pretty much sorted for Derby but interest from Preston changed things.

Whether that's down to money or Preston connections he wasn't sure?

It was an interesting take from a Leicester fan, actually, with him saying the Derby job is the biggest one outside of the Premiership etc etc, hence needing a big manager to cope with expectations.

More interesting from my perspective was his take on the commercial side of Leicester; how their new owners really are making them a global brand, with a huge marketing drive abroad bringing in significant revenues; hence the need to be associated with names like Sven, Yakubu, Henri etc.

He couldn't really get his head around why Derby's owners weren't doing a similar thing? Speculating that they had the right idea when they came in, but no expertise to actually make it happen.

I say 'more interesting from my perspective' because it was the international marketing savvy that make me excited when GSE came in, hence it has been a great source of disapointment that they've taken no steps to do that.

Saying and doing, as we all know, are two different things. All the gear (as in the people with the big talk) but no idea (as in the people with the proven experience to do it) springs to mind.

Perhaps we haven't got the millions and millions in funding that Leicesters board have? They've signed Yakubu on for £60k a week, not even QPR are paying that for loan players.

Perhaps we haven't got the millions and millions in funding that Leicesters board have? They've signed Yakubu on for £60k a week, not even QPR are paying that for loan players.

Or perhaps Leicester's board is better at getting money out of their owners than GSE are out of our's.

Would be good to have one of them come down to a match and speak to some of the more knowledgeable fans.

You do have to wonder how aware or even bothered they really are.

I'm really not much for the idea of them just handing over all of the day-to-day running to effectively a collection of middle-men.

You do have to wonder how aware or even bothered they really are.

I'm really not much for the idea of them just handing over all of the day-to-day running to effectively a collection of middle-men.

I suppose they've got much bigger things to be attending and doing, if they don't feel they could run it properly then fair enough.

But to have one of the main investors over for a week to see the game would benefit us alot, I think.

What do you class as a knowledgeable fan?

Someone who isn't an idiot and it's all good. I suppose a fan who is neither for or against them particularly, or someone who is for them and could argue that they need to be doing more anyway.

I suppose they've got much bigger things to be attending and doing, if they don't feel they could run it properly then fair enough.

But to have one of the main investors over for a week to see the game would benefit us alot, I think.

There's enough of them that they could just come over on rotation. At the moment they appear to be far removed, and remote. It hardly gives an impression that they're serious about the club unfortunately.

Someone who isn't an idiot and it's all good. I suppose a fan who is neither for or against them particularly, or someone who is for them and could argue that they need to be doing more anyway.

Who says who is and isn't an idiot?

I'm sure if I stuck a poll up "am I an idiot?" I would hopefully get mixed responses...not all yes you are.

Only way you could do it is with a fans forum, a mixture of people. I don't think anyone can be truely sat on the fence feeling 50/50 about the situation.

Archived