Robbie Savage - Transfer Rumours

Day

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The You Tube vids Sav put on the internet for me were a breath of fresh air, he genuinely looked up for the games driving to the ground in his swanky motor.

The guy was given a second chance by Clough after Jewell left him out of the squad. He repayed us with some great performances... for that I feel we owe him something, irrespective of how much £££ he takes home a week.

The You Tube vids Sav put on the internet for me were a breath of fresh air, he genuinely looked up for the games driving to the ground in his swanky motor.

The guy was given a second chance by Clough after Jewell left him out of the squad. He repayed us with some great performances... for that I feel we owe him something, irrespective of how much £££ he takes home a week.

we owe him nothing.he is good for the kids team.

I think his performances have declined for the same reason they did last year, he has had to play too many matches due to the injuries or poor hot of others.

Hopefully now Addison is getting fitter, we can rest Savage here and there, to get the best out of him when he does play.

I think he needs to be behind Addison and Bailey but I think he still has an important role to play. Would like to see him coaching with us next year but seems unlikely.

Agreed - and the longer he is here the harder it will be for those two to step up.

He has a profile in and influence over the squad which I don't think is always good and which is certainly not merited by his performances.

The more I am watching Addison, the more I think he is a centre back. He simply doesn't have the vision, control or passing ability to play the centre mid role.

The game passed Savage by yesterday and to be honest, I'm concerned that he could not see that in his interviews. Everyone but Sav could see he was one step away from being sent off.

The more I am watching Addison, the more I think he is a centre back. He simply doesn't have the vision, control or passing ability to play the centre mid role.

The game passed Savage by yesterday and to be honest, I'm concerned that he could not see that in his interviews. Everyone but Sav could see he was one step away from being sent off.

Agree Addison barker at CB green and Bailey holding Moxey and brayford at fullbacks and were sorted god it don't take a rocket scientist to work it our!

I said that for a while but then dont think he has the nous/positioning to play centre back. Tough one really, i think his best attributes fit the centre back role.

What is the story about Savage's transfer request?

This is what he's posted on twitter

"So Torres has transfer request turned down !! You have to be desperate to leave to hand one in as I did ! Fallen out of love with the club "

Followed by

"It's the last resort ! No way back for me !! "

Then

"Trust me when you hand in a transfer request you want to leave asap !! "

"So Torres has transfer request turned down !! You have to be desperate to leave to hand one in as I did ! Fallen out of love with the club "

Followed by

Then

Interesting. Could he be referring to an old club in part of it?

Followed by

Then

He will probably by talking about his Birmingham to Blackburn transfer, when he wanted to be "closer to Wales".:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well Sav, Birmingham is closer to Wales than Blackburn is.

For me, that's more down to a severe lack of fitness. He's been out for the best part of a year.

I go back to the Man Utd game (the 1-0 win) when he played in central midfield. He completely bossed the game, his passing was sublime and he had both Paul Scholes and Anderson in his back pocket all match.

Commons won MOTM for the goal but Addison showed us what he's really capable of that night, and he put in several of those performances in before his string of injuries.

When he's finally back to full fitness, we'll see him put more of those Man Utd performances in

For me, that's more down to a severe lack of fitness. He's been out for the best part of a year.

I go back to the Man Utd game (the 1-0 win) when he played in central midfield. He completely bossed the game, his passing was sublime and he had both Paul Scholes and Anderson in his back pocket all match.

Commons won MOTM for the goal but Addison showed us what he's really capable of that night, and he put in several of those performances in before his string of injuries.

When he's finally back to full fitness, we'll see him put more of those Man Utd performances in

I see Addison as the midfield "enforcer" - use his physical attributes to break up play, keep it simple and let Bailey spray the passes about. Then Addison can bomb forward and get on the end of crosses...he was scoring a few too before he got injured. Remember him having a really good game against Wednesday a couple of years back - bossed the midfield and raced clear to score a decent "goad" as well.

Archived