Robbie Savage - Transfer Rumours

Day

No your not Norfolk. So Derby investors not only don't invest, but also pursuade the one player who seems to really care about Derby to leave immediately. Thanks alot.

No-one is saying Savage is Derby's future, but things are rocky at the moment and we can do with him on and off the pitch,.

I beg your pardon? Ever thought that this may have been Nigels decision? Or does GSE make the footballing decisions now too? I wasn't aware that Nigel wasn't manager anymore.......

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But this move is about $$$, nothing about Derby and I reckon that even if we offered him a one year extension he'd still be off to the States and battle it out with Beckham for media attention.

Well I disagree with this part, but I suppose only he knows the answer to that.

It is and I don't blame him at all, we're only on this planet once and he won't earn the same money in the media so yeah if you are given a big payday grab it with both hands.

But this move is about $$$, nothing about Derby and I reckon that even if we offered him a one year extension he'd still be off to the States and battle it out with Beckham for media attention.

you must be stoned out your brain to come out with that rubbish.

you must be stoned out your brain to come out with that rubbish.

Why because I don't fall for the "I love Derby" crap he spouts, he's been offered a deal out in MLS, why do players go out there? for the final big pay day. They are desperate for names out there to promote the league and they pay big money just ask Beckham and Henry.

Robbie, Go To Vancouver?

Yes it's true have an opportunity to go to @Vancouver Whitecaps FC ! 500 million new stadium 20,000 season tickets sold!Need to sit down with Derby first might be in march or at end of season!But don't want to stand in the way of the younger lads at Derby ie Bailey Addison !!But also love doing the media going to sit down with relevant people next week and discuss it !! Big decision coming up media or MLS

Off his Facebook

For those of you hardcore fans discussing this venture, I will tell you that you have no idea of the unbelievable opportunity this will provide Robbie Savage. This is a change of LIFESTYLES, not clubs! This will be one of the most exciting ventures that Robbie has taken up in his career. He has experienced MANY things in his playing career, but this one is totally differant and it will give him a few more years on the field..if he wants it?

Forget Beckham, Henry.......Los Angeles and Washington are so far away, and with very differant cultures.

Vancouver is one of the greatest Cities in the world and hosted many ex-Rams players in the past, is inhabited by a British based population, with a similar climate to Derby (without this years snow).

He will become a mini-celebrity in the area, but hardly a national one......even Beckham has not really acheived that status,

Football here is not played at the pace of the English league, it is based more on the Mexican pace, without the technique, so Robbie will be more than OK.

The downside is that the Football club is not the major sport in the City. Ice Hockey and American Football rule the city.

The other observation I would make is that once he leaves England, he will be soon forgotten as the game goes on, with or without you!

Now then if you think English teams have staff issues, Vancouver has a Head Coach, Director of Football, General Manager and Manager. Which one is the boss, is the main question for a Franchise which has not kicked a ball to date!

For those of you hardcore fans discussing this venture, I will tell you that you have no idea of the unbelievable opportunity this will provide Robbie Savage. This is a change of LIFESTYLES, not clubs! This will be one of the most exciting ventures that Robbie has taken up in his career. He has experienced MANY things in his playing career, but this one is totally differant and it will give him a few more years on the field..if he wants it?

Forget Beckham, Henry.......Los Angeles and Washington are so far away, and with very differant cultures.

Vancouver is one of the greatest Cities in the world and hosted many ex-Rams players in the past, is inhabited by a British based population, with a similar climate to Derby (without this years snow).

He will become a mini-celebrity in the area, but hardly a national one......even Beckham has not really acheived that status,

Football here is not played at the pace of the English league, it is based more on the Mexican pace, without the technique, so Robbie will be more than OK.

The downside is that the Football club is not the major sport in the City. Ice Hockey and American Football rule the city.

The other observation I would make is that once he leaves England, he will be soon forgotten as the game goes on, with or without you!

Now then if you think English teams have staff issues, Vancouver has a Head Coach, Director of Football, General Manager and Manager. Which one is the boss, is the main question for a Franchise which has not kicked a ball to date!

I was wondering where Gary Crosby had got to!!

If this is true then I'm pretty happy to hear it. It's a burden off our wages and if we can tie up something now then we can sort out a new signing this month with the extra wage money we know we'll be saving next season. Also we can find another decent captain within the current team. The day was inevitable. Infact I thought he'd have been gone at the end of the first season in the Championship after we got relegated.

But the idea that he might get a big media career in the US makes me a little bit sick.

So far he's said that he would be looking at a year or two deal, they haven't talked money but he wouldn't go over for anything daft like £200pw. If he does go he doesn't think he wouldn't come back to this country, talked about quality of life for his kids, his missus has family over there.

Will be on 606 till the end of the season even if he does go. Wouldn't consider dropping down to League 1 or 2 as it would be pointless, would consider a managers job in the Championship although highly unlikely as he has no coaching badges.

Now a Derby fan has come laying into him offering to pay for him and Clough to go over to Vancouver, hmmm.....

Biggest worry is going over to Vancouver for a couple years, coming back and being out the loop and the media not interested in him anymore.

But earlier he said that if he went out there for a couple years he wouldn't want to come back, hmmmm

If he goes he'd want to be there for the start of the season in March, although if Derby slide further down the table his mind would be made up he would stay, wouldn't want to jump ship.

He's gone now so that's yer lot

Mixed feelings on this one.

You'll all remember that I'm a Savage fan. I think he's had a positive effect for the club, both on and off the pitch, and has shown loyalty and passion with his pay-cut extension etc. So on that note, I'm sorry to see him leave.

On the other hand, his best days are behind him, and I don't think he's been quite the same influence this season on the field, although there's no doubting his contribution off it.

I'd hoped he would stay on as coach and midfield cover next season, but I can't blame him for wanting one last hurrah as a first-team regular somewhere.

So on balance, thanks for the memories, Sav... and all the very best.

Reason For leaving ?

First post - please be gentle.

A number of possibilities for this announcent by Savage spring to mind, pick which ever you prefer.

1. Off for the money & to continue playing at a gentler pace.

2. Knows Addison is ready to step in therefore saves embarrassment of being left out by making the move.

3. Is deserting a team who are struggling for form.

4. Is trying to push DCFC into offering a new short term contract.

5. Has given up trying to lift a team struggling for form.

I imagine if Daveo can sell a few more fish he'd be more than happy to pay for Savage's flight tickets.

But do you think he'll be leaving with his head held high? And does it mean another autobiography in which to document his experiences across the pond and his new ESPN career? If so I can't wait to read it. :rolleyes:

Archived