Robbie Savage - Transfer Rumours

Day

they would probably prefer someone who will protect them and put a tackle in, rather than be too slow to get in position, flick their gypo locks around and put in girly tackles if at all.

I was counting on Addison to put the tackles in ahead of the back 4, with whoever he's next to being able to pick up the ball and start the attacks. Addison would be told to break up play and keep it simple with the passing and the other person to be the Alonso (not I'm not saying someone as good as Alonso, you should know what I'm getting at there) of the team who can pick out a good pass to set the attacking midfield 3 off.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone but savage then.

sorry, but you cannot seriously be happy with his performances? he runs off like a headless chicken, leaves a massive gap which invariably gets exposed because he is too slow and old to get back into position. This happens week in, week out. Similarly, can this guy actually move with the ball? Every time he gets it he stops the ball and takes a run up like it's a free kick. Pedestrian and it ruins rhythm.

Makes you wonder if the player we are in advanced talks with is the midfielder and also a short term replacement for Savage. I think his mind is already made up he's off to battle for tabloid space with the Beckhams, I'm sure he will send Nigel a postcard with his shiney white teeth and the Hollywood sign in the background.

Fill me in - Savage is heading to the MLS? To Vancouver? Hmm, doubt the BBC will be too pleased about this. Did Colin Bloomfield actually interview, or has he said anything explicitly about leaving Derby? Hopefully Nigel's got a decent midfielder in the pipeline.

Now if only he would take Pearson with him

Just a perfect day,

Drink Sangria in the park,

He's just tweeter that he doesn't want to stand in the way of Bailey and Addison, seems a genuine bloke to be fair (if he stood in the way of Addison though he'd get knocked out). Think a fit Addison and Bailey should be ahead of him anyway.

Fill me in - Savage is heading to the MLS? To Vancouver? Hmm, doubt the BBC will be too pleased about this. Did Colin Bloomfield actually interview, or has he said anything explicitly about leaving Derby? Hopefully Nigel's got a decent midfielder in the pipeline.

he's basically going, if you read his twitter then he seems really up for it

does anyone else think that savage has announced all of this now to deflect the attention away from clough? didnt he do something similar before?. anyway, i think sav has been good for this club and that he gives his all. the same as he has done at the other clubs which he has played for. he knows(as he stated in the interview) that he would not be a regular next season if he did get a new contract, so he seems to of decided to head to the mls to continue playing regular football. so if this is indeed the case ill finish by saying good luck sav.

He's just tweeter that he doesn't want to stand in the way of Bailey and Addison, seems a genuine bloke to be fair (if he stood in the way of Addison though he'd get knocked out). Think a fit Addison and Bailey should be ahead of him anyway.

So it's not about Robbie Savage it's because he's thinking about the other players at Derby not getting a game???????????????

OK

Yes it's true have an opportunity to go to @Vancouver Whitecaps FC ! 500 million new stadium 20,000 season tickets sold!Need to sit down with Derby first might be in march or at end of season!But don't want to stand in the way of the younger lads at Derby ie Bailey Addison !!But also love doing the media going to sit down with relevant people next week and discuss it !! Big decision coming up media or MLS

Off his Facebook

He's just gone right up in my estimations, very considerate of him and seems really genuine. Top bloke!

Sorry I don't see it, I think he knows that his time is up at Derby, he's been offered his last big pay day in the States, he probably thinks with his nice white teeth and long blode flowing locks he's got a chance to make a name for himself in over there.

Wasn't that long ago he was saying how much he loves Derby and we will be the last club he plays for.

Sorry I don't see it, I think he knows that his time is up at Derby, he's been offered his last big pay day in the States, he probably thinks with his nice white teeth and long blode flowing locks he's got a chance to make a name for himself in over there.

Wasn't that long ago he was saying how much he loves Derby and we will be the last club he plays for.

Great opportunity for him out there though. We'll have to see how it all unfolds.

It is and I don't blame him at all, we're only on this planet once and he won't earn the same money in the media so yeah if you are given a big payday grab it with both hands.

But this move is about $$$, nothing about Derby and I reckon that even if we offered him a one year extension he'd still be off to the States and battle it out with Beckham for media attention.

Am I the only person here that doesn't want him to go?

Like him or not he has been one of our only consistent player this season and last and he is a real character that we will find hard to replace in the dressing room, you get the impression that the rest of the team have voices of six year old girls.

I was hoping he would stay on in a coaching role but I wouldn't be surprised if our poor support recently has helped make his mind up.

No your not Norfolk. So Derby investors not only don't invest, but also persuade the one player who seems to really care about Derby to leave immediately. Thanks a lot.

No-one is saying Savage is Derby's future, but things are rocky at the moment and we can do with him on and off the pitch,.

in the states ?

im sure vancouver is in canada ?

Archived