Derby County v Norwich City

Day

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This aint gonna be easy game, that's all I'm going to say.

Definitely not, Norwich is buzzing right now and fancy themselves more away from home more than at home. We couldn't be facing them at a worse time. I only hope they are a little over confident. From what I'm told it is going to be open as they like going forward which could play into our hands

Alberto Bueno has been ruled out of Derby County's npower Championship game with Norwich City on Saturday.

The 22-year-old attacker sustained a hamstring strain after just 14 minutes of last Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Burnley.

Bueno underwent a scan yesterday which revealed a slight strain which will keep him out of the Norwich game.

His fitness will be assessed at the start of next week as to if he will return for the trip to Bristol City on 11th December.

Manager Nigel Clough said: "It has been a frustrating month for Alberto with injuries and he will certainly miss the Norwich match.

"We won't rule him out beyond that; we will have to take a view next week how he is progressing and responding to treatment."

Bueno has scored three goals in 12 appearances for Clough's Rams since arriving on a season-long loan from Spanish second division side Real Valladolid at the end of August.

Kris Commons, who missed the Burnley game because of illness, will today resume training but defender Russell Anderson will have to sit out the next few weeks with a hamstring tendon issue.

Chris Porter made his comeback from a three-month lay-off with a hip injury at Burnley and he will continue to step up his workload in training as he eases his way back into action.

Jake Buxton, Steven Davies and Miles Addison are all making good progress from their respective injuries and are on course for returns towards the end of December.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2233631,00.html

Blimey, Russell's turning into a bit of a sicknote isn't he?

Anyone else reckon Saturday morning's DET back page will feature words including: "Porter, flare up, scan, sidelines, frustrating"? After all, he's been training for a week now.

Bed news about Bueno, though expected and not as bad as it could have been if he's only going to miss a week. Let's hope Commo's fit and firing.

Losing bueno isn't the end of the world as long as Commons is back and green joins him and cywka in the three.

If we sacrifice green to right back then we lose brayfords attacking threat at right back which we can't afford and only a fool would rate Pearson ahead of green, or cywka commns or bueno while we are there.

That's not a swipe at Pearson, he has his uses and could be a good squad player, its a fact.

Hoping for a good game, I am driving over from Switzerland for the game....leaving Friday lunch, 14 hours driving (probably in driving snow) arrive Derby around 2 or 3 in the morning...then driving back over here straight after the game..

Last time I drove for the game was Forest Green away, so hopefully this is a good omen for the result, lets hope it is a better performance though...the weather does sound like it is going to be similar..!

Score prediction...

erm...6-0 the Rams...

Gate...25751...there would have been 25750 if it wasn't for the Switzerland Supporters Club..!

Hopp Rams.

With all the freezing weather, there has to be a point soon where the game will need to be looked at. Not for the pitch (We have undersoil heating) but for the surrounding area's which will be dangerous for fans. I went to JJB last night and the place was a nightmare with cars skidding.

If it did get cancelled, it wouldn't be the worse thing to happen - Give time for Beuno to be back and allow others to rest.

Amazing how the world has to stop because of abit of snow. Weather forecast has snow to continue all week, no snow on Friday but temps of -4. Can't see how the game will go ahead, the East has been hammered by the stuff.

Archived