Derby County v Norwich City

Day

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to wake up sunny cause if that dream comes true ill do a naked dance in the snow.

Snow has been pretty bad here but the last 24hours have eased dramatically, though I tho we are due some more. Can't see it being calked off though all week our vans have been out at work and had no trouble on the main road.

Hoping for a good game, I am driving over from Switzerland for the game....leaving Friday lunch, 14 hours driving (probably in driving snow) arrive Derby around 2 or 3 in the morning...then driving back over here straight after the game..

Last time I drove for the game was Forest Green away, so hopefully this is a good omen for the result, lets hope it is a better performance though...the weather does sound like it is going to be similar..!

Score prediction...

erm...6-0 the Rams...

Gate...25751...there would have been 25750 if it wasn't for the Switzerland Supporters Club..!

Hopp Rams.

Serious?! That's dedication if ever I saw it! :D

I agree. That would be just awful. But even if the game goes ahead he might not get past the rapidly growing lynch mob.

http://www.dcfcfans.uk/showthread.php?t=4781&page=4

ha ha ha,i think i will be ok, they will all be out sledging, snowballing, making skiddy patches and robbing old women....and whatever else 13 year olds do when they aren't playing truant from school.

it better not get called off..!!

ha ha ha,i think i will be ok, they will all be out sledging, snowballing, making skiddy patches and robbing old women....and whatever else 13 year olds do when they aren't playing truant from school.

it better not get called off..!!

Hope you enjoy the game MuespachRam, even if we don't get on ;)

This bit of snow must be nothing in comparison with what you get over in Switzerland eh.

****** about surrounding areas unsafe

Unless I interpreted that in the wrong way, then I'm surprised you would like to see Derby fans put into danger. I skidded my car doing 5mph going into JJB, and thats on snow, not ice.

25,000 in the area of Pride Park would not be advisable in my own opinion.

Unless I interpreted that in the wrong way, then I'm surprised you would like to see Derby fans put into danger. I skidded my car doing 5mph going into JJB, and thats on snow, not ice.

Are you from the elf and pastry?

Completely pathetic, it has been snowing here for 3 or 4 weeks, the temperature is around -10 during the day, dropping down even further in the night, I live 20 kilometeres away from work all down little tiny country roads and I haven't missed a single second of work. No one has.

The fact that they are thinking of calling it off because peopple might slip over outside the ground is ludicrous.

Health and Safety fools are taking over the country.....if it's too cold or too slippy for you....don't go...but don't ruin it for all the normal people who can stand up in a little bit of snow.!

Sadly health and safety have to take over because this stupid Yank culture of suing everyone, if people hurt themselves at the match, there will be people who will sue, that have they got to lose? No win no fee.

Don't forget musepachram you live in a country that Is use to snow, the snow in this country is never here long enough for people to learn how to cope with it.

Sadly health and safety have to take over because this stupid Yank culture of suing everyone, if people hurt themselves at the match, there will be people who will sue, that have they got to lose? No win no fee.

Don't forget musepachram you live in a country that Is use to snow, the snow in this country is never here long enough for people to learn how to cope with it.

It really is the "where there's blame there's a claim" culture, we still have plenty of slips and skids over here (although compulsory winter tyres do make a massive difference) but people accept that when it snows it is going to be slippery..!

I have emailed Norwich and told them to get the tractors out and get their sorry selves to Derby..!

Boycie - You don't snow what you're talking about.

MuespachRam - You said one of the key words yourself - Winter Snow Tyres!

If there are 5 or 6 minor accidents which then completly block the roads up, if 5 or 6 people fall over and hurt themselves, or if there is just one major accident - is it worth it?

I don't wany to play devils advocate here and I want to go to the game. The cold doesn't bother me (I was at the home tie against Millwall last year - that was cold!) but I am a realist.

For info - Drove by Pride Park today and saw the snow had been removed around the ground itself but not from the paths in the vicinity and the pitch as expected was completly under cover.

Not just the weather in and around Pride Park that's the problem, Derby fans coming from surrounding areas and Norwich fans having to travel. My magic balls tell me this game will be called off tomorrow afternoon.

Archived