Derby County v Norwich City

Day

Not just the weather in and around Pride Park that's the problem, Derby fans coming from surrounding areas and Norwich fans having to travel. My magic balls tell me this game will be called off tomorrow afternoon.

Fans coming from surrounding areas...give me strength, I am drving on my own for 14 hours through Switzerland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France again and finally from Dover to Derby....if I can make it I am sure their tractors can make it from Norwich..!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England comes to a stand still when we have a couple of inch of snow, we've got over a foot now. We haven't had our bin emptied for 2 weeks on Monday, no post for the last 2 days and I doubt we'll get any today either, even the main shopping centre has closed until further notice. This country is not prepared at all for this kind of weather.

England comes to a stand still when we have a couple of inch of snow, we've got over a foot now. We haven't had our bin emptied for 2 weeks on Monday, no post for the last 2 days and I doubt we'll get any today either, even the main shopping centre has closed until further notice. This country is not prepared at all for this kind of weather.

yep, too many people will do ANYTHING at all to get out of a days work, and the snow is a perfect excuse.

Still no reply from Norwich.!

Has the game been called off yet.?

Fans coming from surrounding areas...give me strength, I am drving on my own for 14 hours through Switzerland, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France again and finally from Dover to Derby....if I can make it I am sure their tractors can make it from Norwich..!

Pamela knows about Treadstone. It’s safe to return…

I would come from Norwich but that's only cause I'm hard.

In all fairness if you have full on snow and the winter tyres your fine, Norfolk has, like most of the country I guess, very strong winds which has left a lot of black ice scattered across the road. I have no doubt that the journey can be done but its dangerous and a risk and a lot of Norwich fans probably wont bother with it.

LOL

MuespachRam - I'm getting bored of the "I can" now. A large part of me now hopes you do come and the game gets cancelled at 2pm!!

I will be coming whether or not the match is on, but thanks for your concern.

You stay at home like a good girl and wear an extra pair of Barbie pj's tonight.

DERBY County are confident that tomorrow's Championship match against Norwich City will beat the weather.

Snow and ice have disrupted the sporting calendar this week but the Rams remain optimistic that their clash with the Canaries at Pride Park will be played.

The pitch has been covered and undersoil heating should stop it from freezing, while work is being undertaken to ensure the surrounding area is safe for spectators.

"We fully expect the game to go ahead," said a Rams spokesman.

"Everything is fine inside the stadium. The pitch is covered, with the undersoil heating turned on, so we're all set to go.

"And the Pride Park complex has been open all week, so there are no issues there at the moment.

"Obviously, there are factors out of our control in terms of people being able to get to the ground but we will do everything in our power to make sure the game is on.

"Our staff will be out in force to clear any snow outside the stadium, including the executive management team, just like we did when we managed to get the game on against Ssausagehorpe last season."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/STAFF-CONFIDENT-CANARIES-CLASH-AHEAD/article-2965805-detail/article.html

DERBY County are confident that tomorrow's Championship match against Norwich City will beat the weather.

Snow and ice have disrupted the sporting calendar this week but the Rams remain optimistic that their clash with the Canaries at Pride Park will be played.

The pitch has been covered and undersoil heating should stop it from freezing, while work is being undertaken to ensure the surrounding area is safe for spectators.

"We fully expect the game to go ahead," said a Rams spokesman.

"Everything is fine inside the stadium. The pitch is covered, with the undersoil heating turned on, so we're all set to go.

"And the Pride Park complex has been open all week, so there are no issues there at the moment.

"Obviously, there are factors out of our control in terms of people being able to get to the ground but we will do everything in our power to make sure the game is on.

"Our staff will be out in force to clear any snow outside the stadium, including the executive management team, just like we did when we managed to get the game on against Ssausagehorpe last season."

http://www.therams.co.uk/news/STAFF-CONFIDENT-CANARIES-CLASH-AHEAD/article-2965805-detail/article.html

Good old Derby..!!!

Leaving in 1 hour, all stocked up.... sleeping bag, shovel, 5 flasks of tea, 2 hip flasks of whiskey, ipod full of podcasts, hats, scarves, gloves, chocolate.... Road Trip!!!

See you tomorrow..!

Archived