Bucket List

i-Ram

22 hours ago, cstand said:

I am also early sixties you are absolutely right do it now before it’s too late. 

Just got home after repairing my daughter’s car, wife gone for a bath so decided to watch the big TV in the living room.
Guess what she has recorded? 😳

image.thumb.jpeg.11b219709881a1ca8d623a3695126b87.jpeg

Has anyone heard from @cstandsince he posted the above 😬

16 minutes ago, cstand said:

I am fine, no worries, the wife is very happy actually, especially since she has taken up gardening.

I wonder what she going to plant?

image.jpeg.963fac872d0c0d6b461ff19757e6a230.jpeg

I watched...How to poison your husband...this afternoon, My what a piece of excrement she was/is, Not only did she rob his Mother of £43k she poisoned him, And then once she was sentenced to a minimum of 5 years she wrote to him and the dozy bas***d sent her money and clothes, This carried on for the whole term of her sentence...which was eventually 11years, He was going to take her back once released and only when with his Daughters threatening to have nowt to do with him if he does...he then came to his senses and backed off, He said she needed help...yep sure did image.png.d2aa4afe1cfcc7dc2fd3506a47a51ba1.png

There's nowt so funny as folk ☺️

14 hours ago, cstand said:

I am fine, no worries, the wife is very happy actually, especially since she has taken up gardening.

I wonder what she going to plant?

image.jpeg.963fac872d0c0d6b461ff19757e6a230.jpeg

She must've got that one off your 'Kick The Bucket' List

On 13/10/2024 at 10:39, i-Ram said:

I saw @Wolfie’s post this week, and I thought I would widen the subject. I am now in my early 60’s - not a lot of time left guys - and I have started putting into action doing things that I have always thought I should have a go at before I slip this mortal coil. I don’t mean go places, I mean do things. Whether that might be a bungee jump, a sky dive, swimming with Dolphins, or climbing Kilimanjaro. What things must you do before you die!

To start the thread going, the first two things on my list are 1) perform live stand-up comedy and 2) get a song or two of mine played on Spotify.  My first 5 minutes of stand-up is Tuesday, and I can’t wait - irrespective if it is a roaring success or a total failure. Better to die having tried rather than wondered. I have lyrics for a couple of songs too, and in the next 6 months I will do a bit of work with my son and one of his mates who are musically talented to get a couple of promo tracks established.

Look forward to reading about your ‘must do’ dreams.

So how did it go @i-Ram? As you've said nothing either you're still on cloud nine, or you're hiding in the safe room on this forum?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

So how did it go @i-Ram? As you've said nothing either you're still on cloud nine, or you're hiding in the safe room on this forum?

Thanks for asking Pedro (sorry I can’t start calling you Rich after all these years 😂).

I think it went pretty well. You always think you could have done better, and I know I would have liked too, but I did about 7 minutes and I got some nice feedback from my family, a good few in the crowd, and also a number of the ‘comedians’ who stuck around after doing their bit. I had worked hard beforehand. The writing was actually the easy bit, and it is something I might stick with. It was the memorising that I found tricky. My memory isn’t what it was!

Been Invited back to do the same set again in a few weeks time which is positive, and in the meantime I intend to write a bit more material. I have a 15 minute set written/prepared, but l know that will be a big challenge to deliver. That will be a few months at least away if I decide to keep it up. It was a one-off bucket list proposition, but we will see. I still have a proper day job for at least another year that needs attention! All the best mate.

https://thesecretcomedyclub.com/

Edited by i-Ram

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks for asking Pedro (sorry I can’t start calling you Rich after all these years 😂).

I think it went pretty well. You always think you could have done better, and I know I would have liked too, but I did about 7 minutes and I got some nice feedback from my family, a good few in the crowd, and also a number of the ‘comedians’ who stuck around after doing their bit. I had worked hard beforehand. The writing was actually the easy bit, and it is something I might stick with. It was the memorising that I found tricky. My memory isn’t what it was!

Been Invited back to do the same set again in a few weeks time which is positive, and in the meantime I intend to write a bit more material. I have a 15 minute set written/prepared, but l know that will be a big challenge to deliver. That will be a few months at least away if I decide to keep it up. It was a one-off bucket list proposition, but we will see. I still have a proper day job for at least another year that needs attention! All the best mate.

https://thesecretcomedyclub.com/

Can I get your autograph?