Norwich City (H) Matchday thread

jono

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Paul Warne was, of course, born in Norwich. I've no idea if he supported the Canaries as a boy, or still carries a flame in his heart for them, but no doubt playing them will be somewhat nostalgic for him. I hope the lads can bring him a victory to savour.

They've had a turn-up (which coincidentally is how "turnip" sounds in the Norwich dialect) in form since the start of the season and will be a dangerous opponent.

Warne has a couple of important selection decisions to make - one about formation (does he stick with 4-3-3, which didn't work well on Saturday without Ozoh?) and whether a few tweaks to the starting XI is necessary.

I suspect he'll give the same XI another chance, as he rarely panics after one narrow defeat, particularly when we have performed well at home.

I actually think this will be our toughest home game yet, because we're possibly favourites in many eyes (not mine - I think it's 50/50) and the fans might be expecting to win, which sometimes affects the atmosphere.

As B4 would have said - bring your scraves and flanges, let's make Pride Park a sea of black and white, let's singe for 90 minutes and cheer the lads to victory!

Pretty much agree. Where we are in the table and with the same scoring pattern / GD  (on a small sample) points to two evenly matched teams; with us having the home advantage. I think he will stick with the same side but there may well be new faces on the bench for tweaks.? The turned Watford over so will be no mugs. Tight game 

5 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I doubt he will as well. But we need someone capable of giving more cohesion to our build up play, who can be the person that the defenders and midfielder can bounce passes of and instigate moves. From what I've seen of the two of them Thompson is better at it than Osborn who seems ill-fitted to play as a deep midfielder. 

And yeah Fornah would have been handy here. It may have helped to have not sent Robinson either.

Sounded as if Fornah didn’t want to be here so I think the correct decision was made regarding his loan. D Robinson is struggling to get into the Hartlepool side so maybe he’s not as close to a Derby first team place as some think.

58 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And now the sports with Alan Partridge.....

He doesn’t know what in inverted midfielder is* .. how on earth did he get the job of presenter. ? More jobs for the boys, cronyism I say ! Write to the Daily Mail at once. 

* I don’t know either 🤪

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Sounded as if Fornah didn’t want to be here so I think the correct decision was made regarding his loan. D Robinson is struggling to get into the Hartlepool side so maybe he’s not as close to a Derby first team place as some think.

It also took Brown a while to get a start for Gateshead. It wasn't until his hattrick in a cup game vs Peterborough Dynamo he got a start in the league.

DRobinson's chances have also been limited due to playing for his country, which would have been another reason not to start him. I'm hopeful he'll finally start for them over 5he next couple of weeks.

I think we are actually playing Norwich at a less than ideal time as they are just beginning to find their feet with two wins in their last three league games. They will be a different proposition compared to the team that lost v Oxford on the opening weekend, who perhaps caught them at exactly the right time.

Confidence will be sky high given the manner of victory v Watford and how they were able to blood some interesting young players and new signings.

Meanwhile, for us, injuries are starting to bite with the loss of Ozoh and now Elder at a time when we were just starting to develop a settled side. I am not sure we will look the same with Osborn in midfield and Forsyth at left back mainly given their lack of match practice but also because their profiles are quite different.

In full flow, Norwich could cause us a lot of problems. Sainz on the left and Sargent through the middle will be the ones we’ll be most aware of. However they also have a good midfield base with McLean able to pick a pass and Nunez being almost a blend of Adams and Ozoh with his playing style, and this could be where they get on top. With no Ozoh, you can definitely see already where Norwich might have more joy compared to say 2-3 weeks ago.

What will be interesting to see is how much homework we have done on their new signings (Crnac and Schwartau in attack and Cordoba in defence) and how we deal with them. There are so many question marks there and that is a worry that we might get caught cold.

Personally I’d take a point from this as it will very likely be a tough match up, but if we can win again, Warne and the players will deserve so much credit because we’ll have outdone four sides who finished in the top half last season, which would be no mean feat at this stage.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think we are actually playing Norwich at a less than ideal time as they are just beginning to find their feet with two wins in their last three league games. They will be a different proposition compared to the team that lost v Oxford on the opening weekend, who perhaps caught them at exactly the right time.

Confidence will be sky high given the manner of victory v Watford and how they were able to blood some interesting young players and new signings.

Meanwhile, for us, injuries are starting to bite with the loss of Ozoh and now Elder at a time when we were just starting to develop a settled side. I am not sure we will look the same with Osborn in midfield and Forsyth at left back mainly given their lack of match practice but also because their profiles are quite different.

In full flow, Norwich could cause us a lot of problems. Sainz on the left and Sargent through the middle will be the ones we’ll be most aware of. However they also have a good midfield base with McLean able to pick a pass and Nunez being almost a blend of Adams and Ozoh with his playing style, and this could be where they get on top. With no Ozoh, you can definitely see already where Norwich might have more joy compared to say 2-3 weeks ago.

What will be interesting to see is how much homework we have done on their new signings (Crnac and Schwartau in attack and Cordoba in defence) and how we deal with them. There are so many question marks there and that is a worry that we might get caught cold.

Personally I’d take a point from this as it will very likely be a tough match up, but if we can win again, Warne and the players will deserve so much credit because we’ll have outdone four sides who finished in the top half last season, which would be no mean feat at this stage.

I have mixed feelings. The optimist sees two sides with good and bad, DCFC at home, not easy for an opponent .. we can do this 🐏. “Let’s be ‘ave in you”

The pessimist sees Norwich as strong, experienced with a progressive coach, in good form and us having to do a Boro and man the ramparts just to survive.

First goal crucial ! … get that for us and it will be entertaining. Just don’t want us chasing the game.