Tedious and boring

5 hours ago, trappatoni said:

The modern tendency to categorise anyone you disagree with as stupid.  

That isn’t a modern tendency. It’s been going forever.
The modern tendency is to imply that as they hold “the wrong view” they are not allowed to voice it at all. 

On 14/08/2024 at 17:11, Sweetness34 said:

100%

It's rare you see someone make a statement, have someone respond to it, and then reply with "you know what, you're right" or "you know what, I see where you're coming from, but you're wrong" in a healthy way

It's why I don't reply to many posts I disagree with. Of course, I don't expect to change people's minds, but it would be nice to know they actually read my post. And I'd be happy to engage and find that althoguh we disagree on 80%, there's still some common ground

It's not something that's unique to this forum though. It's the way people are online these days. There's no politeness 

You know what you are right and I see where you are coming from.

Well written @Sweetness34

Up The Rams 🐏

On 14/08/2024 at 15:03, Loughborough Ram said:

Not the football, this forum! 

I think that most people come on here to have a 'chat' about the Rams or even football in general but increasingly it reminds me of the old Monty Python sketch, "are you here for the five minute argument or the full half hour".

Everybody is entitled to post what they want in a manner they chose but after 50 pages of "you're wrong", "no, you're wrong" it just becomes pointless. I know that the idea of these forums is to generate debate, but very little of what happens on here is debate. 

Take the issue of Paul Warne. To come on here after every game and tell everyone, essentially how rubbish he is and tell everyone where he is going wrong tactically, because you play football manager, or coach you sons under 8s on Darley Park, is just howling at the moon as your theories will never be tested, so they will always be correct in your head

I doubt anybody on here thinks that Paul Warne is the best manager we've ever had, or even in the top five, but he is our manager and will be until David Clowes decides differently. Ultimately you will have your way and you will be able to say "I told you so" because he will be sacked at some point.

If you want an idea of sensible debate look at the Mickley Arthur thread on the cricket. There is probably more to be upset about at the cricket club than the Rams but it's all reasoned discussions where people put forward opinions, rather than confrontational statements, aimed at pitting one side against another.

Great post @Loughborough Ram and I would like to add that I think Paul Warne would sneak into my top 5.

I personally only come on to dcfcfans now and again these days and enjoyed to post regularly in the past when I found posters more approachable, reasonable and not as quick to shoot you down or be rude or nasty or the same when discussing the club they support. It might be a demographic thing when more elderly fans posted and the love and respect of the club we support shone through.

The same thing happens in real life, I have rocked up to Pride Park or many away grounds and enjoyed many chats with men and women, boys and girls about Derby County and all our different experiences of supporting them and I’ve also met some disrespectful so and so’s that we all meet along the way that can and have been rude, disrespectful and horrible, but that is folk for you, and how they behave around the world and why we have so much trouble in the world, even the folk that choose to be cynical all the time, the folk that get their pleasure out of belittling others, tripping up others, getting satisfaction out of others failing, hurting others, hating others etc etc.

I can remember many good posters on here who have left, because they get so fed up of it. Posters that have been stopped. Posters who have chosen to go elsewhere. 

I know many folk that read it but don’t post (lurkers) that comment how horrible some folk can be, and hardly read it. I know folk that chat about it in the pub and moan like those posting on here, and then moan about having not much to read, even though they don’t post themselves. But that is society, a lot of people like to moan or have moaned that long in their lives, they don’t know any different.

I get the feeling from above even folk moan about some of us having fun, enjoying fun, but it’s not their type of fun, so they will moan about that aswell.

So there is no surprise when good posters say enough is enough and end up doing something less boring instead.

Up The Rams 🐏

…….off to have some fun 🐏