CBT ??!!

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Part of Warne earning his core with CBT would be not leaving him on the bench or even out of the squad when he is actually fit, and then giving him only a few minutes here and there, often in the wrong position. Sadly previous form (Warne's, not CBT's) would suggest otherwise. I hope to be proved wrong.

Agree with what you’re saying, but equally players have to get themselves into teams, make the most of your minutes etc.

CBT not done that so far, again I’m  personally going with a fresh start this season. Not too bothered what he looks like on pre season. Let’s see how he does in the league 

Blackett Taylor can absolutely still come good.

On the one hand, he hasn’t really given Warne and the coaches food for thought but on the other hand, Warne and the coaches really need to think about how best to manage him.

I suspect he will look a completely different player if he is fit and playing with confidence, confidence coming from not only himself but the backroom staff too.

It’s so important to have a manager believe in you and invest in you.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Blackett Taylor can absolutely still come good.

On the one hand, he hasn’t really given Warne and the coaches food for thought but on the other hand, Warne and the coaches really need to think about how best to manage him.

I suspect he will look a completely different player if he is fit and playing with confidence, confidence coming from not only himself but the backroom staff too.

It’s so important to have a manager believe in you and invest in you.

He's been here 7 months.  How much investment and time should a senior player need to get his arse in gear and at least show for a pass or make a tackle. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's been here 7 months.  How much investment and time should a senior player need to get his arse in gear and at least show for a pass or make a tackle. 

Get shot !!!!

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm always happy to be proved wrong and I'm patient by nature ... but I do agree with this too.

I felt we brought him in to help get us over the promotion line, and he gave us virtually nothing but fortunately other players stepped up.

He's got one more run at it for me.. if we get to Xmas and he's still not contributed anything then I'd be looking at moving him out.

On 01/08/2024 at 08:51, IlsonDerby said:

Less than 500 minutes of football. It’s difficult to impress without any sort of consistent game time especially from what strikes me as a confidence player. 
Don't write him off yet. 

Off topic slightly - Tommy Barkhuizen has looked lively in pre season. That cross for Collins last night was pin point but aside from that he looked to make things happen. 

Got a lot of time for Barks. I don’t have a clear memory of thinking he ever let us down in a game.

22 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can totally agree he hasn’t had a good start to his career here. He really hasn’t caught the eye or lived up to expectations. But is 7 months the correct time to draw a line in the sand?

Why would we sign him to a three year contract and pay £300-500k then decide to let him go based on a handful of shaky appearances? We’ve had players before who haven’t settled immediately but later proven their worth. Why can’t CBT do the same?

I’d completely understand you if he had started 15-20 league games and played 70-80 minutes every game and shown nothing. However he has only started 5 competitive games in his Derby career. The longest run of starts he has had is 3. His total minutes amounts to 5-6 full games. Any player in our squad is capable of playing poorly for that length of time. It just so happens that this has happened to CBT before he has been able to impress.

In general he has been struggling with injuries or fitness or he has only been trusted to be on the bench or come on for short cameos. If he’s not fit, he’s not confident and he hasn’t got the manager’s trust, what is he likely to achieve in a Rams shirt if all of that is missing?

It’s way too soon to write him off.

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I can totally agree he hasn’t had a good start to his career here. He really hasn’t caught the eye or lived up to expectations. But is 7 months the correct time to draw a line in the sand?

Why would we sign him to a three year contract and pay £300-500k then decide to let him go based on a handful of shaky appearances? We’ve had players before who haven’t settled immediately but later proven their worth. Why can’t CBT do the same?

I’d completely understand you if he had started 15-20 league games and played 70-80 minutes every game and shown nothing. However he has only started 5 competitive games in his Derby career. The longest run of starts he has had is 3. His total minutes amounts to 5-6 full games. Any player in our squad is capable of playing poorly for that length of time. It just so happens that this has happened to CBT before he has been able to impress.

In general he has been struggling with injuries or fitness or he has only been trusted to be on the bench or come on for short cameos. If he’s not fit, he’s not confident and he hasn’t got the manager’s trust, what is he likely to achieve in a Rams shirt if all of that is missing?

It’s way too soon to write him off.

We've also had players here for 4 seasons who've done nothing.  I think loaning him out to a League 1 side would be an option if it's thought he may improve.  Getting the fee we paid back however and removing his wage, could allow us the necessary room to bring in the quick centre  forward we need or a more mobile centre half with good championship experience.  We clearly don't have the funds to carry players who aren't in a position to contribute from the get go.  Better for him and us too move him on, or loan him out at this point with a recall if required.  He may do well in League 1 if he's just left to sit on the wing and wait for the ball but he's no better than that from what i've seen.