Formation

1 minute ago, FKANorwichExile said:

JWZ

Nelson Cashin Phillips

Ward Ozoh Adams Osborn

NML Yates Jackson

Or drop Jackson for Goudmijn and play 5-3-2 which id personally prefer

I personally still prefer the 4231 to get an extra foward thinking player in.

Harness and Jackson either side of Yates with Goudmijn in behind.

9 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

image.thumb.png.ef30c04f725111dcf5c55a55bc64f781.png

I'd prefer the 3 at the back with our current players. Our weakness is LB/LWB and striker 

6 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

As much as I love NML I’d start Jackson on the right, Harkness left.

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Philips Elder

Adams Osborn

Jackson Goudmijn Harkness

Yates

21 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_5629.thumb.jpeg.9b459b1069a5ad2a1b80d3b57a100ff6.jpeg

Decent squad to choose from now, I’d imagine after the international break we might go for a 3-4-3 system again. 

IMG_5630.thumb.jpeg.3f0c10b0685ba605b2453d0165c67942.jpeg

that with quality off the bench could be a great balance. 

The second option is I think close to what we will go with. Not a lot of balance or quality on the left. NML and Jackson for the same RW spot. Harness can become a 10 with Yates or Jackson/NML playing the two strikers. Chirewa can compete with Harness for the 10/LW spots. 

28 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

As much as I love NML I’d start Jackson on the right, Harkness left.

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Philips Elder

Adams Osborn

Jackson Goudmijn Harkness

Yates

I agree 100% 

I also feel thus is our strongest 11 at the moment. We then have the likes of NML and Adams to come on and try and make a difference in the game.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

My concern is without Kenzo is we won't have the creativity in the middle of the park and may get over ran in midfield.

Well Harness & Chirewa have both come in & can play in the 10 so its upto them to provide that creativity

If we go with a back 4 -

JWZ - Nyambe Nelson Phillips Elder - Goudmijn Adams Osborn - Jackson Yates Harness

Or if we decide to go with a back 3 -

JWZ - Nelson Phillips Cashin - Wilson Adams Goudmijn Osborn - Harness Jackson - Yates

I think we may be in a position that Warne wanted whereby NML & Cashin are actually sat on the bench so despite what some may think about our transfers, we have improved on our starting 11.

To then have the rest of the squad as (based off the back 4 starting 11 above) - Vickers Luthra Cashin Bradley Forsyth Rooney Wilson Ward Ozoh Thompson Chirewa NML CBT Barkhuizen Collins Brown - I dont think its actually that bad & is capable of staying up in the Champ

I havent included Washington as he would be the 26th man currently unless someone else above doesnt count towards the 25 like Rooney & Brown dont, only 2 who might not would be Luthra & Thompson but I am pretty sure they do.

In signing Phillips I think its a strong chance we shift to a back 3. We've not loaned him to not start him and I don't think we've done it with the view of bumping one of Cashin or Nelson out the first 11. Especially when you consider Warne has wanted to shift to a back 3 from day 1. It's odd though to an extent because whilst the 3 cbs would probably rank in the top 5ish players we have, there is no real depth.

Past that it's a bit tricky. We've got 5 centre mids (maybe 6 counting chirewa) and we've got 5 wingers (up to 7 depending on where you count chirewa and ward). Some of those wingers are capable playing at 10 or up front and some are capable playing wing back, Osborn can also play wing back.

With all that it feels like we are caught awkwardly between a 4231, 433, 3511 and 343. Especially as the wingers we've got for the most part are out and out wingers rather than inside forwards.

So I think we need to focus on how we can create chances and how we can get the most out of Yates. Whilst he isn't tall he can act as a focal point because he's good with the ball to feet, which means we likely need players close to him capable of making quick exchanges and releasing him. We can't play a game of spin it out wide and pump it into the box, it's not going to work. Either we need to use wingbacks/fullback create width and everything else is  narrow or we stretch with wingers but invert the wingbacks getting them to come into midfield.

I think we've got 3 options:

JWZ

Phillips  Nelson  Cashin 

Ozoh 

Wilson  Kenzo  Osborne Elder

?

Yates

? here because I think it's likely Holness or Chirewa is the best fit. You need a mobile 10 comfortable drifting in and out of pockets, comfortable drifting out wide and good in possession. Wingbacks here would be looking to get super wide. Does mean leaving out nml as a captain but he doesn't really fit other than maybe playing rwb. It's also possible you move Kenzo more central and focus everything through him.

JWZ

Phillips  Nelson  Cashin

Wilson  Kenzo   Ozoh   Osborne 

RF              LW

Yates

RF- again you want someone similarly to the 10 role I laid out in the 3511. Maybe Jackson, maybe Chirewa, maybe Holness. 

LW - this you'd want someone who's primarily looking to start wider. It'd be NML or Holness most likely.

Here the idea would be that Osborn plays narrow and supports the midfield whilst the LW goes wider.

JWZ

Nyambe Phillips Cashin Elder

Adams

Kenzo         Osborn

NML            Yates       Holness

Let NML stay wide and encourage him to cheat a bit defensively. Holness needs to be looking to drift inside with Elder overlapping. Adams here until Ozoh looks a bit more reliable without more defensive cover.

7 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

To run blindly into the channels with no options to pass the ball to if they manage to get to it first?

Edited by tinman

I’m struggling to think of our best eleven without leaving out good players. That must be a good sign 😊

JWZ

Ward Nyambe Nelson Philips Osborn

Adams           Ozoh 

Jackson.                   Harness 

Yates

8 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

IMG_5629.thumb.jpeg.9b459b1069a5ad2a1b80d3b57a100ff6.jpeg

Decent squad to choose from now, I’d imagine after the international break we might go for a 3-4-3 system again. 

IMG_5630.thumb.jpeg.3f0c10b0685ba605b2453d0165c67942.jpeg

that with quality off the bench could be a great balance. 

That would be starting team too.