Latest odds

2 hours ago, trappatoni said:

5-1 to be relegated looks a decent bet

Prompted me to do my annual safety bet - £140 on Derby to get relegated returns £840. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll be ok - but not taking any chances and a loss to Shrewsbury would see the odds shorten.

48 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Prompted me to do my annual safety bet - £140 on Derby to get relegated returns £840. For what it’s worth, I think we’ll be ok - but not taking any chances and a loss to Shrewsbury would see the odds shorten.

I think I’d rather put £140 on promotion returning £2,100 but that’s just me.

23 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I think I’d rather put £140 on promotion returning £2,100 but that’s just me.

I never gamble money on things I want, most often than not it’s to cover situations I don’t want to happen. 

On 23/07/2024 at 16:58, Rammie1884 said:

Got my bet on after last game of season for us to get promoted, 25-1 Just looked and we’re now at 10-1 so the bookies reckon we’re doing something right! 
I reckon mid table but you never know 🤷‍♂️.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Yes. Cash out if we scrape a draw against Blackburn. If you’re not so brave cash out tomorrow

On 26/07/2024 at 00:25, Foreveram said:

1/2 to finish in the bottom half.

The Sun newspaper ( not our favourite). Has used a Super-computer to predict the final table for the coming Championship season . Results being fed in over 1,000 times. They have only 4 teams to finish below us . Blackburn to finish 3rd bottom , so important 1st fixture . They say we will only get 2 more points than Plymouth , which I think is an absolute joke . 

A lot of the predictions coming out now largely seem to insinuate that the bottom three will consist of three from four teams: us, Blackburn, Oxford and Plymouth. Portsmouth, Cardiff, Swansea and Preston get an occasional mention.

The bookies also have Millwall as potentially down there, albeit there seems to be absolutely no fear on their part or any prediction they could be in trouble.

I know Wednesday finished the season well under Rohl, but objectively speaking their squad is far from great so I would have them as potentially down there too. 

6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A lot of the predictions coming out now largely seem to insinuate that the bottom three will consist of three from four teams: us, Blackburn, Oxford and Plymouth. Portsmouth, Cardiff, Swansea and Preston get an occasional mention.

The bookies also have Millwall as potentially down there, albeit there seems to be absolutely no fear on their part or any prediction they could be in trouble.

I know Wednesday finished the season well under Rohl, but objectively speaking their squad is far from great so I would have them as potentially down there too. 

I get people fall for the current in vogue, smart, well-spoken manager, but think that many people are over-rating a Portsmouth team that only finished 5 points ahead of us, have lost star loanees Alex Robertson & Abou Kamara, and have done less impressive incoming business than we have so far. 

Screenshot_20240729_062952_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I get people fall for the current in vogue, smart, well-spoken manager, but think that many people are over-rating a Portsmouth team that only finished 5 points ahead of us, have lost star loanees Alex Robertson & Abou Kamara, and have done less impressive incoming business than we have so far. 

Screenshot_20240729_062952_Chrome.jpg

Portsmouth fans themselves, however, are very aware of their potential shortcomings ahead of this season. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Portsmouth fans themselves, however, are very aware of their potential shortcomings ahead of this season. 

We need to be looking at finishing above Portsmouth & Oxford for a start. There's nothing that either of those teams have done so far that suggests we can't do this. At least one of last seasons championship is bound to drop, with  Plymouth & Blackburn looking the most obvious to do so.

I think Plymouth will be ok. Rooney with a full preseason and his own signings might be a different proposition that what we saw at DC and Birmingham. He is good at galvanising teams under difficult circumstances so I think they will have enough to be safe 

34 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We need to be looking at finishing above Portsmouth & Oxford for a start. There's nothing that either of those teams have done so far that suggests we can't do this. At least one of last seasons championship is bound to drop, with  Plymouth & Blackburn looking the most obvious to do so.

I would consider that the three relegated sides are likely to come from the following: Cardiff, Sheff Wed, Preston, Millwall, QPR, Swansea, Blackburn, Derby, Oxford, Plymouth and Portsmouth. Bristol City and Watford have cases where they could struggle, but should have enough. 

Cardiff & Sheffield Wednesday fans are fairly optimistic ahead of the new season, though, but I'm not sure. I guess they're anticipating more players coming in. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I would consider that the three relegated sides are likely to come from the following: Cardiff, Sheff Wed, Preston, Millwall, QPR, Swansea, Blackburn, Derby, Oxford, Plymouth and Portsmouth. Bristol City and Watford have cases where they could struggle, but should have enough. 

Cardiff & Sheffield Wednesday fans are fairly optimistic ahead of the new season, though, but I'm not sure. I guess they're anticipating more players coming in. 

Gabriel Sutton has Wednesday predicted as 6th

https://www.betvictor.com/blog/gab-suttons-championship-24-25-season-preview/

Edited by IlsonDerby

Bristol city are hard to predict this season . Consistent for a couple of seasons but many have them to struggle this year. Can’t see Max Bird walking straight into the team , but a new coach could do him wonders. For me , they are a top half team .