Trivia

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Ah I see. It didn't say 'number one'. It just said 'number'. I thought it was some trick.

Haha me too, was very confused. Thought it was some word play of wham sounding like one!

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

This is all going awfully well.  @therealhantsram must be well chuffed.  🤓

Haha. Yes. 

You know I read number ones. Never even noticed the typo in the original screenshot!

But to clear up the confusion, the last two British acts to have a UK No. 1 single were Wham! and The Beatles.

Try it on your buddies in the pub tonight.

If I hadn't looked up the official list I would have been thinking of all the British artists that had had number one songs since Wham were around and trying to work out why they aren't considered British, and that would only have been up until 1997 😂

More interesting is the origin of Trivia. From Latin trivia, plural of trivium (“place where three roads meet”). The term came to be used for any public place, and then for anything commonplace in the mid 20th century

2 hours ago, MaltRam said:

OK...I don't get the original thing.

I'll chuck one in...it is not legal for MPs to resign. 

At least I knew about the MP one! 

I've still no idea what the statement in the first post is on about 😀

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

At least I knew about the MP one! 

I've still no idea what the statement in the first post is on about 😀

Wham! and The Beatles had recent number ones. I completely missed the Beatles having a recent number one. Surprised me, because they're overrated and a bit meh. Must have been a TV show that got it there again? Like Kate Bush (who's actually good) with Stranger Things?? 

8 minutes ago, Alph said:

Wham! and The Beatles had recent number ones. I completely missed the Beatles having a recent number one. Surprised me, because they're overrated and a bit meh. Must have been a TV show that got it there again? Like Kate Bush (who's actually good) with Stranger Things?? 

Stranger Things was great to get my kids into some great tunes. Watching Fallout now, so lots of really old tunes being discovered. By me too.