Derby and Stockport County

12 minutes ago, GuiseleyRam said:

Excellent article written by a County fan about the links between the two clubs. 

https://thescarfmyfatherwore.substack.com/p/the-hatters-and-the-rams?s=08

County is my local team so I always look out for their results. Always get decent crowds at Edgeley Park and like Tranmere they always seemed to play on Friday night although not now. The article is well written but no mention of big Kevin Francis who is a County legend but I’m sure had a spell at Derby. Also there was a Fa cup game at the BBG in the fog which Derby won with a very late goal in the early 90s which I remember going to

10 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

County is my local team so I always look out for their results. Always get decent crowds at Edgeley Park and like Tranmere they always seemed to play on Friday night although not now. The article is well written but no mention of big Kevin Francis who is a County legend but I’m sure had a spell at Derby. Also there was a Fa cup game at the BBG in the fog which Derby won with a very late goal in the early 90s which I remember going to

I think it was the match Brian McCord scored for Stockport? Another ex- Ram.

13 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

No Brett Angell mentioned either 

20 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I went the last time we played them , League Cup tie 2006 I think at Edgeley Park , Rams won 1-0 Michael Johnson with the goal

We also played them in a preseason friendly before that, my first visit to the ground, can’t remember when it was though.

In addition to those mentioned in the article and in the posts above, the following also played for both clubs:

Shane Nicholson, Gordon Cowans, Nigel Batch, Mark Lillis, Nick Chadwick, Marc Bridge - Wilkinson, Andy Crawford, Martyn Chalk, Marvin Robinson and Steve Devine.

As regards Brett Angell, he never made a first team appearance for Derby. The legendary Micky Quinn falls into that category too; Tommy Docherty booted him out of Derby as an apprentice and he played for Stockport later in his career.

Youth product Andy Crawford scored for us on his debut in a 4-2 victory against Liverpool in 1978, scoring 4 goals in 21 appearances before being sold to Blackburn for £50,000, where he scored an impressive 21 goals in 56 appearances helping them to win promotion from Division 3. Bizarrely, he then went on strike after pushing for a transfer and Blackburn consigned him to the reserves for the season, which seems to have pretty much screwed his career.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Youth product Andy Crawford scored for us on his debut in a 4-2 victory against Liverpool in 1978, scoring 4 goals in 21 appearances before being sold to Blackburn for £50,000, where he scored an impressive 21 goals in 56 appearances helping them to win promotion from Division 3. Bizarrely, he then went on strike after pushing for a transfer and Blackburn consigned him to the reserves for the season, which seems to have pretty much screwed his career.

He looked a world beater that night 😅