Best 11 based on who we have…

Leave the ‘think we’ll get Ebou’ or ‘reckon Barkhuizen will extend’ suggestions for the transfers and retained list thread. This is just if the season started today, what would your team be? 

Obviously it’ll change as we announce new contracts and signings but interesting to see just how far ‘off it’ we are currently and whether the transfers address what we think are our weak links. 

I’ll start - sticking with Paul Hoddle Warnes 3 at the back. 

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash 

Ward   Fornah   Fapetu    Elder 

NML Washington CBT 

Think it’s clear that we need to be bulk buying central midfielders and forwards 😂

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Leave the ‘think we’ll get Ebou’ or ‘reckon Barkhuizen will extend’ suggestions for the transfers and retained list thread. This is just if the season started today, what would your team be? 

Probably Man City.  😁

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Obviously it’ll change as we announce new contracts and signings but interesting to see just how far ‘off it’ we are currently and whether the transfers address what we think are our weak links. 

I’ll start - sticking with Paul Hoddle Warnes 3 at the back. 

Vickers 

Nyambe Nelson Cash 

Ward   Fornah   Fapetu    Elder 

NML Washington CBT 

Think it’s clear that we need to be bulk buying central midfielders and forwards 😂

Rooney comes in for Fapetu. I would also put DBrown in the 11 instead of Washington.

Bradley and Wilson are the only other 1st team players contracted. Good arguments could be made to include them in the 11.

What is the contract situation of our better youths - Bardell, Cox, Moloney, Radcliffe, Richards etc. 

We're exactly as you'd think - very lopsided.Great at right wing back, but pretty sparse throughout the spine. 

Some sort of line up using contracted players. :-

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Rooney

Ward, Fornah, Radcliffe, Wilson

Mendez-Laing

Collins

Bench

Evans, Bradley, Elder, Robinson, Fapetu, Weston, Blackett-Taylor, Brown, Washington.

Bardell just nudged off the bench for balance 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rooney comes in for Fapetu. I would also put DBrown in the 11 instead of Washington.

Bradley and Wilson are the only other 1st team players contracted. Good arguments could be made to include them in the 11.

I’m not sure D Brown is ready for championship yet. Lads put a few good performances together against some cloggers in non league. Washington has spent half his career up in the champs. He might not be inspiring but I’d bet money he’d be more effective right now than Brown. Brown obviously has a higher ceiling though. 

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Rample said:

What is the contract situation of our better youths - Bardell, Cox, Moloney, Radcliffe, Richards etc. 

We're exactly as you'd think - very lopsided.Great at right wing back, but pretty sparse throughout the spine. 

Some sort of line up using contracted players. :-

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin 

Rooney

Ward, Fornah, Radcliffe, Wilson

Mendez-Laing

Collins

Bench

Evans, Bradley, Elder, Robinson, Fapetu, Weston, Blackett-Taylor, Brown, Washington.

Bardell just nudged off the bench for balance 

Robinson and Radcliffe out of contract this summer. As is Collins. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

Vickers 

Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Wilson   Fornah   Fapetu    Elder 

NML  Washington CBT

We obviously need another number 9 and enforcements in CM as a priority.

Vickers - Nyambe Nelson Cashin - Wilson Fornah Rooney Elder - NML Washington CBT

Leaving Ward & Bradley as first team backups

We need to focus on actual firat team quality, I feel like we have decent squad players now but er need to improve the starting 11 significantly, especially centre mid & striker