Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The guy is absolutely pudding and universally hated by Rangers supporters, not to mention he scores badly in almost every statistical metric.

If he gets a move to any of those teams then his agent is magic. 

"Absolutely pudding" is a bit harsh. I think he would be fine as a backup option, but that's what I currently see Barkhuizen and Washington as.

image.png.99c8ab87de71c68d87682054e699773b.png

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The guy is absolutely pudding and universally hated by Rangers supporters, not to mention he scores badly in almost every statistical metric.

If he gets a move to any of those teams then his agent is magic. 

Rangers fans seem to also want rid of Tom Lawrence. I’d certainly have him back, but not sure Warne would. 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Rangers fans seem to also want rid of Tom Lawrence. I’d certainly have him back, but not sure Warne would. 

Now 30 and certainly would fly in the face of both the wage structure we now have and, depending on who you ask, the good dressing room types Warne likes.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If they're interested in signing players from those leagues, I'll be surprised if they're not already be on the club's radar. 

True. I guess as someone who's spent the past 20 years working in project management though, I've learned the hard way never to assume 🙃 

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

Now 30 and certainly would fly in the face of both the wage structure we now have and, depending on who you ask, the good dressing room types Warne likes.

Agree with all of that. I just think there will be few in the league better if we have him as one of the two 10s Warne seems to be keen on. 

Hi Guys, Josh Sheehan was left out of our game at Chorley yesterday, “rested” according to Evatt but we know he’s been linked with yourselves this season so any sign of a deal at your end and would he be a good signing for you?

3 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Hi Guys, Josh Sheehan was left out of our game at Chorley yesterday, “rested” according to Evatt but we know he’s been linked with yourselves this season so any sign of a deal at your end and would he be a good signing for you?

Dont think we’ve seen any rumours linking us to him tbh

7 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Would very much doubt it after the signings we have already made so far. Good luck next season!

8 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Cant see it personally as he’s a holding midfielder and we’ve signed Ozoh today and Ebou Adams last week aswell as having a few players to cover that position. I’d imagine our only other midfield signing would be a goal scoring 8 or a creative 10.

Edited by Eoghan1884

19 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Highly doubt it, but who knows. Warne definitely made it a key component of our game to strap someone to him for the entire 90 minutes so there is an appreciation for his ability. I suspect that we will be going for someone of a more attacking mindset than Sheehan given our recruitment so far, but again perhaps not - maybe he sees the 'attacking' player in his system as someone who can pick a pass through the lines as opposed to someone joining the attack. 

I'd feel bad if the club goes after him as we'd be exploiting a struggling club but I guess a really cheap if not free (depending on the situation) good number 9 prospect we could grab right now is Zan Vipotnik from Bordeaux. Yesterday FSG (who own Liverpool) pulled out of buying the club and have been relegated to semi-professional 3rd division. They need to raise essentially £50 million or at least have a budgetary plan to pay that off in the next week or so otherwise they could be liquidated or thrown into the 5th division of French football which is sad as Bordeaux are such a big club where so many good players have come through their ranks. Very similar situation to ourselves in a way. 

They signed him only last season for around 2 million euros. Scored 20 for Maribor in his home country Slovenia and 10 goals last year in Ligue 2. Came off the bench for Slovenia in the Euros this past month as well. I can imagine clubs all over Europe are looking to pick off all of their players.

Edited by eddielewis

5 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

I'd feel bad if the club goes after him as we'd be exploiting a struggling club but I guess a really cheap if not free (depending on the situation) good number 9 prospect we could grab right now is Zan Vipotnik from Bordeaux. Yesterday FSG (who own Liverpool) pulled out of buying the club and have been relegated to semi-professional 3rd division. They need to raise essentially £50 million or at least have a budgetary plan to pay that off in the next week or so otherwise they could be liquidated or thrown into the 5th division of French football which is sad as Bordeaux are such a big club where so many good players have come through their ranks. Very similar situation to ourselves in a way. 

They signed him only last season for around 2 million euros. Scored 20 for Maribor in his home country Slovenia and 10 goals last year in Ligue 2. Came off the bench for Slovenia in the Euros this past month as well. I can imagine clubs all over Europe are looking to pick off all of their players.

I wasn't aware of that, but Bordeaux are a huge club in one of the most beautiful parts of Europe.

How on earth haven't got a buyer in?

10 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Good shout as he seems to have a good eye for goal, 6 foot 1 and his preferred foot is listed as both. At only 22 could be a good pick up.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I wasn't aware of that, but Bordeaux are a huge club in one of the most beautiful parts of Europe.

How on earth haven't got a buyer in?

From what I understand they had American owners who left them with crippling debt and all their top talent over the years Kounde, Tchouameni etc were sold just to service the debts. Got relegated to Ligue 2 due to lack of talent but were saved by the former owner of Lille who has no money himself just a front figure for investors who now have no cash left it seems. 

9 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Good shout as he seems to have a good eye for goal, 6 foot 1 and his preferred foot is listed as both. At only 22 could be a good pick up.

From what i've seen of him obviously not as aggressive and physical but a good comparison in how he plays like would be Mitrovic. Seems the type of striker if you give him the right service he would bag a load of goals.

2 hours ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Heard nothing about this one other than a few rumours your end in May.  He's probably got it from there.  You'll probably be selling though if he's only got a year or so on a deal to somebody .  Such is the way as we found with players like Knight.