Derby County v Fleetwood: Trophy Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

Vickers

Wilson

Nelson

Forsyth

Hourihane

Fapetu

Bradley

Cashin,

Barkhuizen

John-Jules

Bird

Collins

Weston

Waghorn

Mendez-Laing

Ward

Vickers - 7 - a couple of (very) good saves; must be itching for more game time!

Wilson - 7.5 - always fun to watch and caused plenty of problems

Nelson - 6.5 - did what was required for the last few minutes

Forsyth - 7 - a couple of heatseeker missile passes among his personal highlights

Hourihane - 6.5 - did fine. Unnecessary booking

Fapetu - 6.5 - would have liked to have seen more but understandably only given a few minutes. Came close with a good header

Bradley - 6.5 - have decided not to hold him responsible for Marriott's sitter opportunity (but why do these things always happen to/near him?) Good distribution and solid enough

Cashin - 7- typical all-action display once again

Barkhuizen - 6 - did a few things right and best performance for a while but still not cutting the mustard

John-Jules - 7 - fine finish. Wrap him in cotton wool please

Bird - 6.5 - industrious

Collins - 8 - good work-rate and a couple of goalscorer's finishes

Weston - 6 - lively but limited cameo this time

Waghorn - 5.5 - haven't seen his best for a while

Mendez-Laing - 7.5 - excellent work-rate and tracking back

Ward - 7.5 - he stands like Beckham on the free-kicks... and does a decent impression when he takes them too! Some terrific deliveries, especially from set-pieces

Vickers 7.5 Long periods of inactivity but produced 2 top saves at crucial moments.

Wilson 7.5 Lovely dancing feet & neat combination play.

Nelson 6.5 Late legs. 

Forsyth 6.0 A few “jelly leg” passes.

Hourihane 6.0 Knitted & pearled and assisted.

Fapetu 6.0 Late legs. Brings power.

Bradley 6.0 A couple of misplaced passes and mis-judged position in a largely unblemished performance.

Cashin 7.0 Metronomic. Scouts queuing up to watch him.

Barkhuizen 5.5 Nothings quite working right now. 

John-Jules 7.0 Finished with class; Will score for fun if he stays fit. 

Bird 8.0 MOTM Right in the guts of the engine there is a part which coordinates & performs multiple functions yet you barely see it. 

Collins 7.5 Jack in the box on the end of a spring to steer home twice. 

Weston 6.0 Covers the turf rapidly but out-muscled on contact. 

Waghorn 6.0 Enigma. A man possessed one minute then dispossessed the next. Cruyff-turn then stabbed-wide when easier to score.

Mendez-Laing 6.0 Gentle 2nd half canter well within himself.

Ward 7.5 His best game yet. Lovely arrow-headed delivery into the box and some nice combinations out right. Gives an added dimension option.

Rams always in control although Fleetwood had a couple of chances that could’ve ignited their night had they gone their way. Derby beginning to look like a finely-tuned power-unit with poise and purpose. Is this the consistency they’ve been missing or a false dawn? Having seen Orient last Sunday, I can’t see anything other than another w in the streak incoming.

Edited by Ellafella

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Bird 8.0 MOTM Right in the guts of the engine there is a part which coordinates & performs multiple functions yet you barely see it. 

I scanned my morning memory banks for more evidence of Bird's contribution but couldn't come up with much from yesterday. I agree though, he does a lot that goes under the radar. (Must have gone well under mine last night!)

Vickers - 6.5 - Called into action twice. Pretty much a spectator for much of the game.

Wilson - 7 - took an hour to get on top of their left back

Nelson - 6 - Short cameo

Forsyth - 6 - Not one of his better perofrmances

Hourihane - 6 - Has lost the speed for the role

Fapetu - 7 - A nice cameo. Came close with a good header

Bradley - 6.5 - Good distribution and solid defensively

Cashin - 7- doing what Cash does

Barkhuizen - 5 - Mr inconsistency. A couple of good moves that didn't mask his deficiencies in this game

John-Jules - 7.5 - if only the lad wasn't made of glass. The right move was to pass to the unmarked Weston but he's a striker and saw a chance and took it with a very well placed shot. Here's to an injury free rest of the season for the lad.

Bird - 7.5 - good defensive work. Going forward he showed on several occasions he sees things his teammates don't. He is on a higher wavelength

Collins - 8 - 2 goals, could, with a bit of luck had more and his work rate was, as ever top notch.

Weston - 6 - a couple of good rune where the ball never came his way. The one where it did he'd strayed just offside. He has a good future.

Waghorn - 6 - On a different day he would have bagged a couple. Work rate, covering and tackling (except for the card) good

Mendez-Laing - 7.5 - excellent work-rate and tracking back

Ward - 7.5 - A better dead ball taker than Sibs which puts him well ahead of the rest. Worked well together with Wilson.

#RamsTV

Edited by MadAmster

Vickers 7.5 a very Wildsmith type performance, in that he did very well when needed

Wilson 8.0 puts bums on seats and defenders on their arses, what's not to love? Definitely something of the Jamie Ward about him which given I rated Jamie pretty highly, is a good thing

Nelson 6.0 Nyambe was slightly off it last time out and Nelson last night, but he's been excellent thus far and remains in credit with me at least

Forsyth 6.0 See Nelson only difference being Fozz's credit is AAA Rated

Hourihane 7.0 A quietly efficient, if slightly unspectacular outing

Fapetu 6.5 Raw but has literally zero fear. Certainly won't be bullied to often and has some wheels. Tackles like a loon too so I'm thinking future fan's favourite if he can progress

Bradley 7.0 Barely put a foot wrong, but that won't stop some giving him the needle. I've a hunch he'll be a mainstay by the end of the season

Cashin 7.5 I hate the having bandwidth idiom, but it definitely applies to Eiran. In another version of reality, we're in the Premier League and he's our skipper and on a 5 year contract

Barkhuizen 5.0 Soz Tom, but you're a fookin mile of the pace and have been for a while now. Get your head in the game and sharpish! 

John-Jules 7.5 on admittedly limited evidence, this lad might be a class apart in this league. He does make things look stupidly easy and and if my visual impression is a fair reflection of his ability then we could be in for some fun 

Bird 8.0 Max seems to be a deal more consistent his season and I think there's more to come

Collins 8.5 battled like a feckin Trojan and got his goals, Collo remains a more useful cog in the machine than some see 

Weston 6.5 Looked a little lightweight

Waghorn 6.0 Waggy is a tad in an out and it'd be be good to see him score soon to ward doubts away

Mendez-Laing 6.5 Didn't need to be at his best

Ward 7.5 well that was pretty sweet huh! I see what we might get from him now though some interesting selection quandaries lie ahead. A problem you'd rather have than not, I guess! 

Another routine win with a clean sheet too, it was Fleetwood who put an end to that glorious run last season IIRC. No such danger this time around as they were swept aside with minimal fuss. Well done gaffer, well done the lads.

Vickers   6.5  One flap, 2 good saves, kicking etc sound

Wilson  7  Enterprising as ever

Nelson   6  Shut up shop effectively

Forsyth   7  Solid game

Hourihane   6.5  a bit more involved than of late - 1 accidental assist

Fapetu  6.5  Nearly scored

Bradley  7 Solid game

Cashin,  7 Almost provided Marriott with an assist, but otherwise a very positive performance

Barkhuizen  5.5  A bit peripheral and lax in possession

John-Jules  7  Killer finish

Bird  7.5  He's here, he's there, he's a very busy player these days

Collins 8  Two striker's finishes and could have had 4 but for a vital block and an excellent save

Weston 6  Busy cameo

Waghorn  6 Sketchy in front of goal

Mendez-Laing  7  A danger again throughout

Ward  7  Superb FK for Collins' 2nd and corners were first class

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 -that'sthe baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) Or Tv.

Vickers 6 not much to do

Wilson 7.5 excellent going forward , improving defensively

Nelson 6

Forsyth 5.5 bit rusty

Hourihane 6.5 some lovely passes

Fapetu 6 think he’s got a future with us

Bradley 6.5 seemed to do ok

Cashin, 6 passing was off at times

Barkhuizen 4.5 totally out of form

John-Jules 6.5 get him signed

Bird 7 majestic

Collins 8 good goals , good all round play