Finances

Poynton ram

Any idea when we are likely to see any accounts post admin filed? Would be interesting to see revenue vs wage bill, what valuation is placed on players, trading surplus or loss, cash on balance sheet, directors loans? Clowes is clearly a prudent businessman but the accounts may shed some light on wriggle room for transfers accepting they will no doubt be dated.

8 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Any idea when we are likely to see any accounts post admin filed? Would be interesting to see revenue vs wage bill, what valuation is placed on players, trading surplus or loss, cash on balance sheet, directors loans? Clowes is clearly a prudent businessman but the accounts may shed some light on wriggle room for transfers accepting they will no doubt be dated.

Most likely released in March.

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

18 actually. In March we'll know last season's figures, which isn't hugely relevant as we were under an embargo and Warne spent more on a coffee machine than actual players.

To an extent, the argument/speculation will never go away. In 18 months time we’ll be wondering what our budget has been for our first season back in the Championship (I can dream can’t I?) and expecting to find the answers in the accounts for this season. Rinse and repeat for the year after when we’re in the Prem 😂

Edited by Tamworthram

Moderate transfer fees are permitted under the current business plan. At L1 level that's probably a max of £500K or thereabouts and you can't get much for that. Defence looking solid. Fornah looking the biz. Playing a back 4 that's doing as well as this one currently is, I think we could get along with just the one DM allowing us to go 4132. Barks, Sibs and NML as the 3 and then perm any 2 from 3 of Collo, Waggy and Wash up top. That would see Bird and Hourihane on the bench and Fornah as the DM. PW would have less of a problem dropping the captain compared to other Head Coaches because he didn't nominate the captain.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

To an extent, the argument/speculation will never go away. In 18 months time we’ll be wondering what our budget has been for our first season back in the Championship (I can dream can’t I?) and expecting to find the answers in the accounts for this season. Rinse and repeat for the year after when we’re in the Prem 😂

We won’t be under any EFl restrictions next year other than the standard ones for the League we will be in. Whether we will actually spend money on transfer fees remains to be seen.