Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Curtains said:

He has had injuries to deal with why can’t you just give Warne time .

I get you don’t like the style of Football but sometimes needs must .

We ain’t going to be Real Madrid every week we need to grind out results .

Yeah he has and I don’t think that’s a coincidence - I think he’s been unlucky with some but he admitted himself that some were down to the conditioning. 

Honestly if we saw the football he spoke about it wouldn’t be my cup of tea but I could get behind it. I’m just at a point where I think he’s had a year with half the squad plus a full summer with the rest of the squad to get his ideas across. And let’s be brutal here - it’s hardly the ‘Guardiola inverted full backs creating a box in the centre’ type of idea is it? It’s the press and win the ball back quickly and get the ball forward quickly with purpose. He should have them singing from that hymn sheet by now. 

You’re absolutely right we do but for a successful team the grinding results out should be the exception. It hasn’t felt like that for a long time now. Our players are better than what we are seeing. Not enough is being squeezed out of the talent available. 

On paper Carlisle have a side that is way weaker than ours (moxon and that number 7 aside I don’t think any would get in our first 20) yet they still pinged it around with more confidence than us. Simpson was getting more out of his players than we are getting out of ours currently and I know that ultimately they were beat 2-0 but we are a big side in this division and he’s seen his team (who would probably snap your hand off for 20th position right now) go down 2-0 whilst hitting the woodwork twice, having more shots, more shots on target, more corners and more of the ball. 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah he has and I don’t think that’s a coincidence - I think he’s been unlucky with some but he admitted himself that some were down to the conditioning. 

Honestly if we saw the football he spoke about it wouldn’t be my cup of tea but I could get behind it. I’m just at a point where I think he’s had a year with half the squad plus a full summer with the rest of the squad to get his ideas across. And let’s be brutal here - it’s hardly the ‘Guardiola inverted full backs creating a box in the centre’ type of idea is it? It’s the press and win the ball back quickly and get the ball forward quickly with purpose. He should have them singing from that hymn sheet by now. 

You’re absolutely right we do but for a successful team the grinding results out should be the exception. It hasn’t felt like that for a long time now. Our players are better than what we are seeing. Not enough is being squeezed out of the talent available. 

On paper Carlisle have a side that is way weaker than ours (moxon and that number 7 aside I don’t think any would get in our first 20) yet they still pinged it around with more confidence than us. Simpson was getting more out of his players than we are getting out of ours currently and I know that ultimately they were beat 2-0 but we are a big side in this division and he’s seen his team (who would probably snap your hand off for 20th position right now) go down 2-0 whilst hitting the woodwork twice, having more shots, more shots on target, more corners and more of the ball. 

I think Bird is a massive miss to being able to ping the ball around the midfield.

The players are trying to address things in training week in week out and just when Thompson starting firing he got injured and now we have lost Conner .

Embelton also injured but Fornah looks a good acquisition.

I hope to see us win with style but I’m prepared for a dig in to win games .

Rosenior signing James Collins has been slated but Warne is persevering with him .

Washington and Waghorn are cheap signings but have done well 

The lad from Arsenal is hopefully going to get fit .

Nelson is great and I like the look of Wilson and Ward also injured 

How did the new lad do at RB or RWB !
PS Bradley is yet to fire 

All the best to Vickers 

Love Wildsmith and Smith

Elder seems good . Love Cashin and Barks and Sibs and Mendis   Shall I go on 

Oh Fozzy he’s great 👍 

Edited by Curtains
Added

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You obviously don't see the constant jibes at posters who aren't happy with the standard of football being served up. Well I have, and being one of those the jibes are aimed at I aimed back. I've not read any more of your post than the line highlighted.

I read every thread and most posts. Its not jibes at posters who arent happy with the standard of football being served up as I dont think I have read a post from anyone this season happy with the standard of football. Obviously gutted you didnt read the full post

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think Bird is a massive miss to being able to ping the ball around the midfield.

The players are trying to address things in training week in week out and just when Thompson starting firing he got injured and now we have lost Conner .

Embelton also injured but Fornah looks a good acquisition.

I hope to see us win with style but I’m prepared for a dig in to win games .

Rosenior signing James Collins has been slated but Warne is persevering with him .

Washington and Waghorn are cheap signings but have done well 

The lad from Arsenal is hopefully going to get fit .

Nelson is great and I like the look of Wilson and Ward also injured 

How did the new lad do at RB or RWB !
PS Bradley is yet to fire 

All the best to Vickers 

Love Wildsmith and Smith

Elder seems good . Love Cashin and Barks and Sibs and Mendis   Shall I go on 

Oh Fozzy he’s great 👍 

Id agree to a point but we have had Hourihane in there the whole time who’s one of the best left foots in the division and we’ve still yet to utilise the midfield. 
Positives in terms of the squad:

good GK. good back up. 

4 exciting options at wingback. I firmly believe Elder will come good. I also believe you can get away with Wilson or Ward playing RB if we have a more disciplined LB on the other side (like Wisdom’s role when Fozzy used to go galloping down the left) l. 

3 CBs who have played very well either recently or are playing well now (Foz, Nelson, Cash). Rooney as a young player trying to crash the party. The experience of Bradley as back up. 

When all fit, young midfield options of Bird, Fornah, Thompson, Embleton. With experience of Smith and Hourihane to mix in. 

Options that would get into a lot of league 1 teams in the supporting attacking roles: Sibley, Barkhuizen, NML, Waghorn. 

Forwards who are willing to press all game and do the ugly work for the rest of the team in Collo and Washington. An exciting prospect upfront in TJJ if we can get him fit. 

There’s so much to be excited about in this squad when you go into it which is way I’m always so down when I see the performances they’re chucking out. 

38 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He has had injuries to deal with why can’t you just give Warne time .

I get you don’t like the style of Football but sometimes needs must .

We ain’t going to be Real Madrid every week we need to grind out results .

Perhaps you could point out the last time we played well in a whole or even half a game, rather than 'grinding out' the result?

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Id agree to a point but we have had Hourihane in there the whole time who’s one of the best left foots in the division and we’ve still yet to utilise the midfield. 
Positives in terms of the squad:

good GK. good back up. 

4 exciting options at wingback. I firmly believe Elder will come good. I also believe you can get away with Wilson or Ward playing RB if we have a more disciplined LB on the other side (like Wisdom’s role when Fozzy used to go galloping down the left) l. 

3 CBs who have played very well either recently or are playing well now (Foz, Nelson, Cash). Rooney as a young player trying to crash the party. The experience of Bradley as back up. 

When all fit, young midfield options of Bird, Fornah, Thompson, Embleton. With experience of Smith and Hourihane to mix in. 

Options that would get into a lot of league 1 teams in the supporting attacking roles: Sibley, Barkhuizen, NML, Waghorn. 

Forwards who are willing to press all game and do the ugly work for the rest of the team in Collo and Washington. An exciting prospect upfront in TJJ if we can get him fit. 

There’s so much to be excited about in this squad when you go into it which is way I’m always so down when I see the performances they’re chucking out. 

Mate give it time .

It will click I’m sure of it .

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I read every thread and most posts. Its not jibes at posters who arent happy with the standard of football being served up as I dont think I have read a post from anyone this season happy with the standard of football. Obviously gutted you didnt read the full post

Yeah sorry about that, obviously I understand you're upset. But actually if you see the 'Who is happy with Warne's football' thread there are quite a few yes votes. Although maybe they are too shy to post.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps you could point out the last time we played well in a whole or even half a game, rather than 'grinding out' the result?

Same answer to you give it time it will click .

I don’t know if you have played football or not but it’s not an exact science .

PS That Gibson looked a tidy player for Carlisle and his shot that hit the bar was nearly a bad mistake by Wildsmith 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Same answer to you give it time it will click .

I don’t know if you have played football or not but it’s not an exact science .

PS That Gibson looked a tidy player for Carlisle and his shot that hit the bar was nearly a bad mistake by Wildsmith 

Give him time? But he's not improved us in anyway to deserve more time has he? It's okay we've done that one. 😄

That Gibson was another Rangers cast-off apparently.

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate give it time .

It will click I’m sure of it .

I’m trying to. I sit down to watch us every single week thinking ‘this is it. This is where it starts to come together’. I think due to the nature of my comments about the football people don’t realise it but I’m the eternal optimist. I still want him to prove me wrong and I go into every week thinking it’ll be better. I’m not going into any game expecting the performance to be crap. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah sorry about that, obviously I understand you're upset. But actually if you see the 'Who is happy with Warne's football' thread there are quite a few yes votes. Although maybe they are too shy to post.

Thats the problem with polls - wind-up merchants and the choices may not match your actual thoughts so you pick closest. Anyway enough Derby discussion for one day. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’m trying to. I sit down to watch us every single week thinking ‘this is it. This is where it starts to come together’. I think due to the nature of my comments about the football people don’t realise it but I’m the eternal optimist. I still want him to prove me wrong and I go into every week thinking it’ll be better. I’m not going into any game expecting the performance to be crap. 

Do you really think David Clowes could change manager and coaching staff now after investing so much into the club.

Absolute-none starter 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Unfortunately my optimism wore off at the end of last season, squashed down again by the poor summer transfer window. I look at the squad and imagine an exciting attacking line-up and then... 😄 #COYR

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Give him time? But he's not improved us in anyway to deserve more time has he? It's okay we've done that one. 😄

That Gibson was another Rangers cast-off apparently.

No choice anyway .

Clowes can’t change Manager and coaching staff now as he’s invested too much into it. .

Just relax Roy and have a day off 

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Thats the problem with polls - wind-up merchants and the choices may not match your actual thoughts so you pick closest. Anyway enough Derby discussion for one day. 

The choices were Yes, No or Don't Know. What else was needed? But that's okay as we can discuss football instead, Stoke v Hull later I might watch to see if any is played.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

You can’t seriously be questioning the accuracy of that section of my post? 

A team who were 23rd in league 2 and heading into non league when Simpson came in vs a club who by the chairman’s own admission have a budget good enough to get out of the division. 

We will have a top 3 budget - perhaps Oxford and Bolton might be above us but I wouldn’t be too sure. I’d be absolutely floored if Carlisle has anything other than a button 6 budget - probably bottom 3 tbh. 

Thanks for confirming I’m absolutely right. You are purely guessing and don’t know what budget Derby have, nor Carlisle. Stop taunting opinion as fact.