Don’t be too dismayed Rosenier ball is still painful

LN747

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

How so?

I can sort of see that it may feel that way if you take criticism of Warne personally, and treat it by extension as a criticism of your support, but i can't think of any examples where anyone's been laughed at for stating their support for him.

You are joking

Paul Warne would feel like a leper  if he read this as would his supporters 

He’s only human as we all are .

The criticism of him is off the scale IMO 

Edited by Curtains
Added

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

No.

I just think that the level of derision aimed at those who do is getting a bit out of control. It feels like every point we gain is automatically and immediately used as something to attack other posters. It increasingly looks like there's only one accepted response to a victory and if someone goes against the grain then they're for it.

We saw plenty of this last season when we went on a good run, with threads created to call out other fans for earlier expressing doubts, and it feels like history repeating but with added hostility. We haven't even needed a good run for it to start this season! You'd think there may have been some lessons learned from the experience, but I'm not seeing much evidence of it.

It gets a bit tiring reading how it's people being negative that's making the forum hard to read when it gets just as bad (if not worse, because of the ganging up) from the other side of the argument.

I have reservations about his long-term suitability, but picking up results and keeping us 'there or thereabouts'  in the short term buys him more time to alleviate the concerns - he'll only do that if he shows signs of learning, and I don't just mean temporarily reacting to circumstances which almost force him into changing his ways before reverting to them the first chance he gets, but proper growth as a manager.

I don't have much faith in this happening, and I don't want us to be lumbered with some of the glaring faults within his philosophy which (if they remain) will likely see us as cannon fodder when we do go up, but that doesn't mean I want him sacked before he's had full opportunity to prove me wrong.

I totally concur with your sentiments regards becoming extremely tiresome coming onto the forum and reading multiple duplicate threads basically saying the same thing - it's like folks feel that they need to post the same matter in a variety of formats repeatedly to make their point more valid. It doesn't. 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You are joking

Paul Warne would feel like a leper  if he read this as would his supporters 

He’s only human as we all are .

The criticism of him is off the scale IMO 

Some of it is, and that will always be the case, but that's the nature of an internet forum.

The vast majority is just people's observations on what's put in front of them, and a lot of that has fallen below a certain standard. Should people just pretend otherwise because their critique may upset someone?

If you've got nothing nice to say then say nothing at all... doesn't really apply to a football forum.

4 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Some of it is, and that will always be the case, but that's the nature of an internet forum.

The vast majority is just people's observations on what's put in front of them, and a lot of that has fallen below a certain standard. Should people just pretend otherwise because their critique may upset someone?

If you've got nothing nice to say then say nothing at all... doesn't really apply to a football forum.

What gets me is on the one hand some are critical because it’s a trend and it infectious and on the other hand they won’t criticise Clowes for appointing him .

The dreaded vote of confidence from the Chairman no way or maybe he should.

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I totally concur with your sentiments regards becoming extremely tiresome coming onto the forum and reading multiple duplicate threads basically saying the same thing - it's like folks feel that they need to post the same matter in a variety of formats repeatedly to make their point more valid. It doesn't. 

If people ask you a question it's somewhat rude not to answer them, even if you haven't really got anything to say you haven't said before, and when there's not really a great deal else to discuss, this tends to happen more often.

There's always the option to not log in for a short spell until something more interesting happens and hope that's sparked some new debate, or for a longer spell until every point of contention has been given opportunity to play out, with people proven correct or otherwise.

You hate it, but you love it.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What gets me is on the one hand some are critical because it’s a trend and it infectious and on the other hand they won’t criticise Clowes for appointing him .

The easiest way this has been tried to be mitigated is with the comments that Clowes would have been advised, thereby conveniently removing any form of associated criticism of DC by the same people. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The easiest way this has been tried to be mitigated is with the comments that Clowes would have been advised, thereby conveniently removing any form of associated criticism of DC by the same people. 

Advised . I think that’s a cop out to be honest.  I listened to him say Paul Warne was a no brainer for him

I think a vote of confidence in Warne is needed by Clowes.  How could it make things any worse than they are !

PS Not once  has Warne criticised Rosenior or his acquisitions in fact he praised him and spoke to him on phone prior to taking job 

Edited by Curtains
Added

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

If people ask you a question it's somewhat rude not to answer them, even if you haven't really got anything to say you haven't said before, and when there's not really a great deal else to discuss, this tends to happen more often.

There's always the option to not log in for a short spell until something more interesting happens and hope that's sparked some new debate, or for a longer spell until every point of contention has been given opportunity to play out, with people proven correct or otherwise.

You hate it, but you love it.

Yano I don't think Warne is a superstar manager, I think he's very limited which is why he's managing a League 1 club. He does have 3 promotions to his name which is more than a lot of his peers do in this league so fair play to him.

With the number of gratituitous uncomplimentary threads which get churned out on a predictable basis this would make you believe that he is some form of supinely incompetent manager who hasn't got a clue which he's also not. The criticism he receives is totally bizarre.

I guess what you're saying is if I don't like what I'm reading then don't come on here. 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I agree, and I don't believe in jumping on the bandwagon either way.

I think there are plenty who've said they think Clowes has made the wrong call, but when it's someone's first big decision in a new role criticism is quite rightly withheld. His £50m investment does sort of give him rather a lot of leeway and the benefit of the doubt.

It's someone repeatedly making the same mistakes to the detriment of matches / the team / the club that draws people's ire.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yano I don't think Warne is a superstar manager, I think he's very limited which is why he's managing a League 1 club. He does have 3 promotions to his name which is more than a lot of his peers do in this league so fair play to him.

With the number of gratituitous uncomplimentary threads which get churned out on a predictable basis this would make you believe that he is some form of supinely incompetent manager who hasn't got a clue which he's also not. The criticism he receives is totally bizarre.

I guess what you're saying is if I don't like what I'm reading then don't come on here. 

Not at all, I wouldn't dream of telling someone else what to do with their free time.

I'm saying you've got free will to do as you please, just don't go expecting things to change any time soon!

It's entirely your choice  - just as it is for the rest of us - whether to engage or not.

We're all constantly complaining about the way it is... but we all keep coming back for more!

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yet we are on a thread that was started to criticise Rosenior

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

Not at all, I wouldn't dream of telling someone else what to do with their free time.

I'm saying you've got free will to do as you please, just don't go expecting things to change any time soon!

It's entirely your choice  - just as it is for the rest of us - whether to engage or not.

We're all constantly complaining about the way it is... but we all keep coming back for more!

There's some strange comments in there - why is there an acceptance from yourself that things won't change any time soon? Things will only stay the same if people persist with their same behaviour. They can change this if they choose to. Like you said it's a personal choice. What is stopping folks from modifying their behaviour apart from themselves?

Have you ever considered that this behaviour might be disenfranchising folks from coming on this forum at all? Which is a terrible statement to have to make. It's nothing to do with personal choice it's how the behaviour of others are driving folks away.

I don’t think there is any need to panic really. The next eight games will take us to the end of October and most people agree that 15-20 games into the season is the right time to start making assessments into the manager’s performance. Rosenior didn’t get that luxury because he was in an interim position.

Personally I am looking for us to be winning anywhere from 5 to 7 in the upcoming run and setting a strong platform for the remainder of the season. We have to show improvement, we can all see that. Warne has to show us all what he’s made of.

Where Rosenior is concerned, Hull have made a very good start and look competitive. But so do Ipswich. So do Plymouth. So did Rotherham last season after 8-9 games.

If Hull are still in the same position 30-35 games down the line, then this is when Rosenior should be getting a ton of credit because he will have likely outperformed clubs who have recently come down to the Championship or teams who have had previous success at that level.

If anything, the way the Championship is shaping up indicates that there probably isn’t so much to fear about a return to the division.

Maybe a stable structure and a settled manager and group can help us.