Bolton v Derby County: Player Ratings

Ellafella

30 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

only saw it once. my understanding is: if he saved a goal outside the box w his hands, he’s off. As I saw it, that’s what happened

It hit his chest. I think he was sent off for the initial tackle. You could see the ref signalling advantage before the alleged handball..

Edited by sage

25 minutes ago, sage said:

It hit his chest. I think he was sent off for the initial tackle. You could see the ref signalling advantage before the alleged handball..

26 minutes ago, sage said:

hmmm  I see

I thought the tackle was ok ie he got the ball. if that’s what he was sent off for then maybe an appeal is worth a try. 

Wildsmith seemed adamant that he didn’t handle it, which supports your version. just want to say: if he didn’t handle it, it was the save of the century

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

hmmm  I see

I thought the tackle was ok ie he got the ball. if that’s what he was sent off for then maybe an appeal is worth a try. 

Wildsmith seemed adamant that he didn’t handle it, which supports your version. just want to say: if he didn’t handle it, it was the save of the century

There is a 4 second video on the match thread where you see it hit his lower chest.

9 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

only saw it once. my understanding is: if he saved a goal outside the box w his hands, he’s off. As I saw it, that’s what happened

Looked like his chest not his hands . May have come off his hands after his chest I don’t know but it hit his chest first. 

9 hours ago, sage said:

I don't think he is signalling advantage there, advantage is both arms pointed straight outwards, the ref only has one pointed forwards, bent at the elbow.  It looks more like he's telling the Bolton player that Wildsmith tackled, who was appealing for the foul, to get up because it wasn't a foul.  This is immediately after the Wildsmith tackle:

image.png.a11de3a216931c3387b414db54cba3aa.png

And even beyond, when the ref is showing the red card, you can clearly see Wildsmith pointing to his chest repeatedly, they're obviously talking about where the ball hit.

7 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't think he is signalling advantage there, advantage is both arms pointed straight outwards, the ref only has one pointed forwards, bent at the elbow.  It looks more like he's telling the Bolton player that Wildsmith tackled, who was appealing for the foul, to get up because it wasn't a foul.  This is immediately after the Wildsmith tackle:

And even beyond, when the ref is showing the red card, you can clearly see Wildsmith pointing to his chest repeatedly, they're obviously talking about where the ball hit.

Both hands came out at one point and Nelson's interview said afterwards ' I don't know if he has sent him off for handball or for the foul' which suggests the free kick was given for the tackle 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

We were too far away to see where it hit but have subsequently seen the instagram replay where it hits his chest (save of the season, as another poster has said).

I watched the Rams TV round up with Bradley J and Shaun B and they make the point that none of the Bolton players appealed for anything. Now either Saint Ian Evatt has drilled this new sportsmanship code into their players like no other coach in the world or no foul was committed. 

11 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

We were too far away to see where it hit but have subsequently seen the instagram replay where it hits his chest (save of the season, as another poster has said).

I watched the Rams TV round up with Bradley J and Shaun B and they make the point that none of the Bolton players appealed for anything. Now either Saint Ian Evatt has drilled this new sportsmanship code into their players like no other coach in the world or no foul was committed. 

We've been done by poor officials - again! The same ref who incompetently gave Plymouth a penalty at Home Park last season. Asst Ref did'nt flag; ref clearly didn't see and was unsure; consulted with Asst Ref - then gave the sending off. Surely, if there is uncertainty by both ref and Asst Ref then there's no decision to give. Ref and Asst ref also missed a blatant hand-ball by Bolton defender and waved away the foul in the box on NML 2nd half. A sequence of poor decisions which all went in Bolton's favour and clearly had a significant impact on the outcome of the game at which point you start to wonder is it c0ck-up or conspiracy?