Callum Ball scores a hatrick

Stimacked

I'd rather play him than Porter.

Has anyone actually seen Ball play a string of games?

Yes seen him a couple of times, last time for U18's last month in Youth Cup.

He's good, gets stuck in and is very mobile. A slightly quicker version of Porter, and quite good in the air.

He would need the service though and might just be a bit inexperienced, but I'd have drafted him in ages ago.

Good prospect

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's good, gets stuck in and is very mobile. A slightly quicker version of Porter, and quite good in the air.

He would need the service though and might just be a bit inexperienced, but I'd have drafted him in ages ago.

Good prospect

It doesn't look like he'll be in the team any time soon though - Nige would rather name just 6 subs than put him on the bench?

Good prospect

Sounds good, stick im on the bench vs scunny since they have a terrible defensive record like us, if he can get his first goal there it'll be a massive confidence boost and not too big a challenge(it's scunny! :p)

Clough won't do it though...he doesn't have enough sense :(

I am sure clough said he would rather him have 90 mins with the youth team than sit on the bench and not come on, especially away from home. Makes a bit of sense but then he would get to experience 1st team football 1st hand. Who knows what the best solution is?

• 1 month later...

Dont Ajax do ***** like this though??? Didnt Berkamp and Kluivert play as centre back so theey could understand eveery position on the pitch??? When he is leading the line for us in a couple of years time he will know what the defenders want him to do and hopefully be one step ahead of the game.

But that is a positive out look i guess and i have no right in posting such drivel, carry on northern...............

Dont Ajax do ***** like this though??? Didnt Berkamp and Kluivert play as centre back so theey could understand eveery position on the pitch??? When he is leading the line for us in a couple of years time he will know what the defenders want him to do and hopefully be one step ahead of the game.

But that is a positive out look i guess and i have no right in posting such drivel, carry on northern...............

yup! pretty sure clough said something very similar a couple of weeks back. wanted the young attacking player to understand both sides of the coin so they know what the defenders are going through as they attack. He did also say he would rather him play 90mins in u18s or reserves than sit on the bench. he looks quite the prospect.

Jonny Metgod bringing over dutch training methods, going out his way to explain tactics.

I like Clough, but i'm really pleased Jonny Metgod is here to!

Hoping Callum Ball gets some first team experience when we're safe actually, won't be surprised to see Clough give him the nod for the last few games.

Archived