Callum Ball scores a hatrick

Stimacked

hey for comment about doing things to myself is sick, just because i think this lad has greart protenley and great appentely, I think we could maybe have on the picht against palace if everything is going ahead, and were leading a good lead against palace.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey for comment about doing things to myself is sick, just because i think this lad has greart protenley and great appentely, I think we could maybe have on the picht against palace if everything is going ahead, and were leading a good lead against palace.

agreed, no harm in sticking him on if we're comfortable. I don't think we will be "leading a good lead" against anyone for the rest of the season but I think you're right that it can't hurt to give him match time in low-risk points during games.

I was just pi55ing by the door.......:D

We once went in a restaurant that was exactly like Renees, but we were with a couple that had never watched the programme - the wasted jokes were unreal......just me and MrRam trying not to be rude by laffin at our own jokes.

Who has said this? Or is this just another wild assumption of yours?

I do hope it's true, we haven't had a decent striker come through the ranks since... Umm.. Tudgay? Christie? McLeod? Hardly what I call decent.

I hear what people are saying about giving Ball a run out when we are safe, but at the moment, Theo Robinson is getting match minutes that Ball deserves, in my opinion deserves.

I haven't seen the lad play that much but I just can't see that he can be worse than Robinson. If he scores a couple of goals this season and gets confident to mix it in the first team, it could be like having a new signing next year.

how many times have you seen him play. I seem to remember you comparing him to Michael Owen and then admitting that you had never actually seen him play

The booing was for a lad being taken off who had scored the winner the game before and was working his socks off making the Hull defence earn their money.

OK, nowt was going for him, but he does'nt hide and keeps making himself available and getting into good positions.

He'll be a good player for some one one day.

The booing was for a lad being taken off who had scored the winner the game before and was working his socks off making the Hull defence earn their money.

OK, nowt was going for him, but he does'nt hide and keeps making himself available and getting into good positions.

He'll be a good player for some one one day.

Ridiculous.

He scored a tap in at Sheff Utd. He also missed a one on one at the end and another sitter against Swansea.

He cons people that he 'works his socks off' by running around aimlessly. He never makes a tackle and he'll never jump for a header. Players lacking talent like Darryl Powell, Ian Taylor etc put themselves about, put the boot in where it hurts and even that wasn't enough for some. How this guy gets away with it every week is beyond me.

I'm pretty laid back about bad Derby players and can always forgive when effort is put in (Gareth Roberts), but it really angers me that people get sucked in by him running around like an idiot.

Ridiculous.

He scored a tap in at Sheff Utd. He also missed a one on one at the end and another sitter against Swansea.

He cons people that he 'works his socks off' by running around aimlessly. He never makes a tackle and he'll never jump for a header. Players lacking talent like Darryl Powell, Ian Taylor etc put themselves about, put the boot in where it hurts and even that wasn't enough for some. How this guy gets away with it every week is beyond me.

I'm pretty laid back about bad Derby players and can always forgive when effort is put in (Gareth Roberts), but it really angers me that people get sucked in by him running around like an idiot.

Al-a Pearson...

I'm very concerned that we're talking about signing him up on a permanent deal. He doesn't look like a player who'll bag 5-7 a season, let alone the 20 or so a good striker would be expected to get. The fact he's not wanted by Millwall should have the alarm bells ringing for most people.

I'm on the fence with Ward until he's had a few games through the middle...

Al-a Pearson...

I'm very concerned that we're talking about signing him up on a permanent deal. He doesn't look like a player who'll bag 5-7 a season, let alone the 20 or so a good striker would be expected to get. The fact he's not wanted by Millwall should have the alarm bells ringing for most people.

I'm on the fence with Ward until he's had a few games through the middle...

I do think Pearson tries, he's just struggled. And recently, he's put some decent performances in, not that I'm excusing the games before that. The fact he played for Celtic means he must have something, we're just not seeing it.

I do think Pearson tries, he's just struggled. And recently, he's put some decent performances in, not that I'm excusing the games before that. The fact he played for Celtic means he must have something, we're just not seeing it.

He didn't play much for Celtic though i don't think. They picked him up from Motherwell and his best season was about 15 starts for Celtic?? (his first season). Admitted injury prevented him playing a bit but that still doesn't mean he would of been good enough for them.

Not 100% sure on that but i'm think that roughly what it was.

At least Robinson is young. He has that advantage over Pearson. He does have a half decent goal scoring record too really. Well, at least from a starting 11.

Hopefully Nigel and Co can improve him. Because now as the player he is i don't really see how he's good enough for any Championship side.

A bit of time spent on him and maybe he can get a few goals. But even with Ward (who looks good enough imo) i still don't see a convincing goalscorer in the mould of Hulse, Rasiak, Howard.

He didn't play much for Celtic though i don't think. They picked him up from Motherwell and his best season was about 15 starts for Celtic?? (his first season). Admitted injury prevented him playing a bit but that still doesn't mean he would of been good enough for them.

Not 100% sure on that but i'm think that roughly what it was.

At least Robinson is young. He has that advantage over Pearson. He does have a half decent goal scoring record too really. Well, at least from a starting 11.

Hopefully Nigel and Co can improve him. Because now as the player he is i don't really see how he's good enough for any Championship side.

A bit of time spent on him and maybe he can get a few goals. But even with Ward (who looks good enough imo) i still don't see a convincing goalscorer in the mould of Hulse, Rasiak, Howard.

Agree with most of this. But Pearson has 'it', to some extent. He displayed it the year we went up - he can play football. Robinson can't.

Hopefully Le Fondre, if he comes, will bang them in.

Would be nice. Big step up though. But Brayford looks like he can step up even further so it can happen for players over 20. It's not all potential in the lower divisions. There are players there obviously showing ability to play at a higher level already just waiting for a chance. Le Fondre would surely stand a good chance?

Ridiculous.

Opinions.

Don't get angry about it. Does'nt really matter if you're wrong.:D

Archived