Archie Brown

Srg

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Didn't seem to have any affinity for the club at all. Fist visit back with the MC academy side he got himself sent off after playing well, but acting like a prize whopper. Think he might have kicked Cash actually, though perhaps I've mis-remembered.

I remember that being reported on here. It'll be interesting to see what his future at Man City is come the end of this season. 11 goals in 63 senior appearances doesn't, on the face of it, suggest a successful PL career awaits, but he's still only 21.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Did we release him ? would we get a sell on fee ?

There is a bit of ambiguity with how he left, I think his dad stated that we didn't offer him terms. It was around the basket-case era so maybe, but anyone with a brain and eyes could see he was one of our best prospects. 

Glad to see him doing well, but annoying nonetheless. 

He moved to Gent from Lausanne, so any compensation would’ve been based on that move.

I think I read that there is some sort of small fee owed to clubs who bring players through academies on future transfers, but that is minimal and is based on how many years the player spent in that academy. Also, I could just be making that up because I’m unsure where I’ve read/heard about it before 😂

From what I can recall, he claimed that some people at the academy didn't think he was ready for first team football, but he thought he was. As this article by Ryan Conway explains, the club offered him a new deal, but he turned it down, and because he moved to Europe, all we were due was development compo under Uefa rules. 

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/2666370/2021/06/23/why-derbys-young-star-archie-brown-turned-down-a-new-deal-to-go-to-switzerland/