A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

31 minutes ago, admira said:

43. Year, opponents, memories. 3-0 win.

image.png.48fa950f47b333da4d28966ee8111cd3.png

I'm going for Arsenal at home - one of the Wanchope goals being a tap-in after a c***-up by Winterburn.

In time-honoured tradition I shall now get the year wrong by one year either side... 1998?

(Surprised to see Carbon and Solis in that team... I was at the game but have no recollection of either being involved that day!)

EDIT: Wow - auto-censoring... can't even write Koch-up these days!

Edited by jameso

It was 97, one of my favourite games. Ian Wright getting a load of stick when he missed a penalty "Ian W***, W***, W***" (reported in a national paper on Monday we were singing Wright and praising us), David Seaman getting stick after the 3rd, who gave a cheeky V sign, to get a round of England's number 1. Sturridge's goal would still be talked about if it was by someone fashionable.

6 hours ago, admira said:

And the flag show was awesome! Miss that sort of atmosphere these days. 

Good team too. We even had 5 good midfielders for 3 positions then too (Eustace and Bryson in addition to the 3 who started)

15 minutes ago, admira said:

45. Year, opponents, memories.  4-3 away. 

38E223B4-BAD0-4F0E-95CE-327D9A62810E.png

I have absolutely no idea... nor who Darren Powell is!

What a strange line-up too... did we bypass midfield that day?! (Paul Green being the only midfielder on the sheet... presumably Addison played holding midfield?)

Must have been a transition between Jewell and Clough so I'll go for 2009 (which means it's almost definitely going to be 2008).

Genuinely no recollection of the game/opponents so over to the rest of you!

5 hours ago, jameso said:

I have absolutely no idea... nor who Darren Powell is!

What a strange line-up too... did we bypass midfield that day?! (Paul Green being the only midfielder on the sheet... presumably Addison played holding midfield?)

Must have been a transition between Jewell and Clough so I'll go for 2009 (which means it's almost definitely going to be 2008).

Genuinely no recollection of the game/opponents so over to the rest of you!

2009 is good!

16 minutes ago, admira said:

47. Year, opponents, memories. 3-2 away. 

25580AC4-1D23-4B82-8BCD-7B9B37DA3957.png

Easy one this… Man Utd away, 1997

Obvious memory: a certain Costa Rican announces his arrival with a goal that shook the Premier League! My United-supporting friend said it was a fluke and he’d never be able to do it again. (He did it again in the home match against United the following season.)

Ashley Ward hit his shot into the ground and it bounced over Schmeichel. Deano’s goal was from a rebound off the post - Ronny Johnsen had slid in an effort to keep out the first shot and was prone on the floor while he watched Sturridge finishing it off!

This result went a long way towards confirming our Premier League survival.