Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 very good stops by Evans from range so far. Has shown good composure with the ball.

DRobinson has shown a good range of passing range when we've decided to pass it around a bit.

Our main threat is releasing Richards down the right wing who drags it back to the penalty spot.

A couple of good bits of play from DBrown, with a fine turn into the box, and good positional awareness to pick up the loose ball on the edge of the box.

Overall, it feels like a side thrown together and lacking a bit of confidence. Bardell, Bartley and Hawkins all injured (?), plus Oseni going out on loan has left us a bit light all over the pitch.

We perhaps need a few senior players to help then through a few games once more players are back from injury.

Watched the last ten minutes and it seemed all Derby, but without much threat. Except a lovely chance created for Johnson but he blazed over. Then they go up the other end and score, after sadly some terrible goalkeeping. The cross somehow dropped over our keeper's head onto the middle of the goal line, and was bundled home. He's got to be (easily) claiming those. 3-1

Edited by Carl Sagan

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Watched the last ten minutes and it seemed all Derby, but without much threat. Except a lovely chance created for Johnson but he blazed over. Then they go up the other end and score, after sadly some terrible goalkeeping. The cross somehow dropped over our keepers head onto the middle of the goal line, and was bundled home. He's got to be (easily) claiming those. 3-1

He’s not getting that in a million years. Good starting position maybe slow moving back but Moore got to be stronger at the back post.

To be fair to Evans without him tonight this could be a beating….

We have too much space between midfield and attack and Brown is isolated. They have smashed us down their left side all game. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

He’s not getting that in a million years. Good starting position maybe slow moving back but Moore got to be stronger at the back post.

To be fair to Evans without him tonight this could be a beating….

We have too much space between midfield and attack and Brown is isolated. They have smashed us down their left side all game. 

Yeah I'd read he'd made some good saves earlier, but that was just weird. I presumed the cross must have taken a deflection and looped up over him, to beat him yet land where it did - pretty much on the goal line pretty much in the centre of the goal. But it was a clean hit and he simply didn't seem to move back to catch it. Is it a force 10 gale blowing side-to-side across the pitch or something? If not, really any keeper in the world has to claim that. Impossible for the defender running back with the forward to keep it out.

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Yeah I'd read he'd made some good saves earlier, but that was just weird. I presumed the cross must have taken a deflection and looped up over him, to beat him yet land where it did - pretty much on the goal line pretty much in the centre of the goal. But it was a clean hit and he simply didn't seem to move back to catch it. Is it a force 10 gale blowing side-to-side across the pitch or something? If not, really any keeper in the world has to claim that. Impossible for the defender running back with the forward to keep it out.

It went straight up and down like a golf chip and landed just inside the back post. He would need Mr Tickle arms to get to it. 

Cross should never have been hit, attacker across the front of Moore.

Johnson misses a sitter at 2-1 and we have had at best 4 shots on target tonight. Just my opinion but I wouldn’t be highlighting that mistake out of the others 

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Much better in the 2nd half due to keeping the ball on the ground and passing it to feet a lot more. On balance of play, I think 2-2 would have been fairer.

Thought Brad/midfield pushed further forward more too, or it was just a better stream compared to the first half! 😉 😄

Edited by RoyMac5