Liam Thompson - Scunthorpe loan until end of season

Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I saw Liam in the car park after the game today. No recent mention of him in Scunthorpe's matchday previews. Anyway, just found this on their website last week: 

Midfielder Liam Thompson will play no further part this season at United with parent club Derby County diagnosing a grade two tear in the 20-year-old’s hip flexors.

Pleased to see he was in his Derby gear. 

Out for a couple of weeks then. Available for the playoffs but lacking match fitness.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I asked him last night if a grade two hip flexor tear was code for "get me out of here" and he was rather amused! He didn't deny it.

Wonder if he took that as 'get me out of Scunthorpe' or 'get me out of Derby'? Couldn't blame him if it was the latter, clearly not trusted yet by Warne.

On 26/04/2023 at 13:36, Taribo said:

Wonder if he took that as 'get me out of Scunthorpe' or 'get me out of Derby'? Couldn't blame him if it was the latter, clearly not trusted yet by Warne.

I wouldn’t blame any young guy wanting to kick start his career with regular games, I also think Warne  likes him but with the choices he has in the middle, he didn’t / doesn’t know what to do with him. Don’t think it’s about trust at all. It’s just about the balance of the team and with our squad at the moment there isn’t an obvious starting berth for Thommo. But if anyone gets pinched next season or Hourihan leaves then there should be opportunities. I think Thommo is good enough to make the grade.