Ryan Giggs.

Rev

No verdict was returned in the trial of Mr Giggs, after a turgid case ended in a stalemate. 

Lawyers will now decide on the merits of a re-trial, but surely the justice system is missing out on a golden chance to bring the system bang upto date? 

Next Man Utd home game, at half time time, bring the opposing sides of the jury onto the pitch, and settle things with a good old fashioned penalty shoot out. 

I'd watch it.

Edited by Rev

20 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Oh I think Joe Public has already decided this one. Hell hath no fury and all that.....

Pretty sure you're right, Just a tad off scale here, On the news last night, Children as young as 12 are being beaten to a pulp by children of the same age, Then put up on social media, Even for me the scenes the BBC showed were shocking, Mums have staged a protest outside Chorley Police Station as the Police are not acting on 999 calls, One Mother said, If she'd had done to her child what's been filmed...she'd be in Prison now.

High profile cases get the most attention, Us poor mortals are insignificant, Up and down the Country in places like Chorley the Police are invisible.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Pretty sure you're right, Just a tad off scale here, On the news last night, Children as young as 12 are being beaten to a pulp by children of the same age, Then put up on social media, Even for me the scenes the BBC showed were shocking, Mums have staged a protest outside Chorley Police Station as the Police are not acting on 999 calls, One Mother said, If she'd had done to her child what's been filmed...she'd be in Prison now.

High profile cases get the most attention, Us poor mortals are insignificant, Up and down the Country in places like Chorley the Police are invisible.

It's almost like police numbers have been cut by a quarter

1 hour ago, sage said:

Ah...I'm sorry your house was burgled but we have paperwork to fill in, We'll give you a crime number and be in touch when we can afford to fill our cars up, In the meantime here's a number for support...999 for emergencies ?   

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ah...I'm sorry your house was burgled but we have paperwork to fill in, We'll give you a crime number and be in touch when we can afford to fill our cars up, In the meantime here's a number for support...999 for emergencies ?   

Crime has become decriminalised under the party of Law and Order

15 hours ago, Rev said:

No verdict was returned in the trial of Mr Giggs, after a turgid case ended in a stalemate. 

Lawyers will now decide on the merits of a re-trial, but surely the justice system is missing out on a golden chance to bring the system bang upto date? 

Next Man Utd home game, at half time time, bring the opposing sides of the jury onto the pitch, and settle things with a good old fashioned penalty shoot out. 

I'd watch it.

Giggs, Alex Belfield, Depp, Rooney court cases are in the same category as Big brother, Love island, Celebrity get me out TV shows. 
Got no interest whatsoever 

4 hours ago, sage said:

Might have said this before but mate of mine works as a Plod, in a town of 70,000 people. Says he is often the only officer in duty for the whole town.

I watched that last night, how the parents didn't pick up a baseball bat and go and whack those girl bullies round the head with it is admirable. You wouldn't have been able to stop me, I felt sick watching it and I've never met the poor kids involved.

Like with Heard and Depp it comes down to he said, she said, independent objective witness/evidence is often not available. It scares me they have juries in cases like this when the Cult of Celebrity is so influential.

Obviously I can't be certain, but I think several Giggs jurors made their minds up on day one and would mot be shifted from that point of view. 

I do know someone being called up for duty soon and this individual is so fixed in their views on everything that evidence is irrelevant. He has squinty eyes...Guilty!