Droning on.

Rev

Saturday night, about 11pm, I went to put something in the bin. 

Opened back door, and I could hear a buzzing sound. Walked around the corner, and there's a drone hovering in my garden, no higher than the upstairs window.  It buzzed up and down the back gardens of my neighbours and mine for about 5 minutes, then disappeared.  

I thought about throwing a stone at it, then thought I'd probably get done for criminal damage or so on. 

Anyone else had something like this happen?

Pervs casing the bedroom/bathroom windows?  

Criminals casing the joint?

Government officials checking that the number of people in the house match those on the census?

Government officials checking that the ID's of the occupants match those on their database (whatever that is).

In essence, I'm struggling to come up with anything positive behind this.  Sorry!  

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think they’d have a job explaining why they were using the drone near built up areas if you had have took it out with a tin of baked beans.

I checked the rules, shouldn't be within 30 metres of someone else if its below a certain weight, and a further amount still for a heavier one, and flying much too low anorl. 

I couldn't see or hear anyone nearby operating it, and I live quite near a Prison too. 

If my pork scratchings get pinched from the bar I'll know what's occurred.

A couple of months ago I was at the bottom of my garden early one morning letting the chickens out, 5am ish and heard a faint droning noise - looked up and could just about make out a drone hovering high above.  

Never seen or heard one before or since but it put me on edge especially as we're fairly rural around us. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Saturday night, about 11pm, I went to put something in the bin. 

Opened back door, and I could hear a buzzing sound. Walked around the corner, and there's a drone hovering in my garden, no higher than the upstairs window.  It buzzed up and down the back gardens of my neighbours and mine for about 5 minutes, then disappeared.  

I thought about throwing a stone at it, then thought I'd probably get done for criminal damage or so on. 

Anyone else had something like this happen?

Report it to the police in case there is a pattern.