Dean Mottram the original Rammie

Charlie George

In the mid nineties I was manager of the Safeway in Alfreton and thought it would be a good idea to ask Dean if he would come in one Christmas wearing the Rammie outfit for an hour and surprise the kids shopping with their parents.

It was a disaster. The first child he saw burst into tears and there were more Forest parents who were not happy to be approached by Rammie than Derby fans. We laughed about it afterwards but for weeks after I was given a hard time by Forest fans shopping in the store.

17 minutes ago, sheffieldram said:

In the mid nineties I was manager of the Safeway in Alfreton and thought it would be a good idea to ask Dean if he would come in one Christmas wearing the Rammie outfit for an hour and surprise the kids shopping with their parents.

It was a disaster. The first child he saw burst into tears and there were more Forest parents who were not happy to be approached by Rammie than Derby fans. We laughed about it afterwards but for weeks after I was given a hard time by Forest fans shopping in the store.

Thought they were normally found round the back in the bins.

17 minutes ago, sheffieldram said:

Hmmm!  Not sure why they'd be niggled by bumping into the Derby County mascot in the County of Derbyshire! 
That's like driving around Edwinstowe, and being surprised to be surrounded by sprigs of broccoli! ?

Anyway... RIP Dean.

The original, The best.
xxx

22 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Hmmm!  Not sure why they'd be niggled by bumping into the Derby County mascot in the County of Derbyshire! 
That's like driving around Edwinstowe, and being surprised to be surrounded by sprigs of broccoli! ?

Anyway... RIP Dean.

The original, The best.
xxx

I work in Alfreton, different breed, not really like good old Derbyshire folk a lot of six fingered and twitching types

• 5 months later...