Nations League

Scrumpyram

Just booked train tickets for the 24th September when we play Cheltenham Town and I've noticed the Nation League matches are on that weekend. Is our game likely to be postponed due to the fact that we have a number of internationals who could be on duty then.

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Doubt it. Only player we have is Knight isn’t it? Maybe Cashin if u21 internationals are happening. 

Hourihane and Collins too? 

I remember a couple of seasons ago Newport in L2 had a game postponed as they had one international player (who ended up as an unused sub) and one U21 on duty. I've cancelled my tickets now to be on the safe side, lesson learnt!!

11 minutes ago, Scrumpyram said:

Hourihane and Collins too? 

I remember a couple of seasons ago Newport in L2 had a game postponed as they had one international player (who ended up as an unused sub) and one U21 on duty. I've cancelled my tickets now to be on the safe side, lesson learnt!!

I doubt either of them will get in the squad to be honest. But guess we will see. 

1 hour ago, Scrumpyram said:

Just booked train tickets for the 24th September when we play Cheltenham Town and I've noticed the Nation League matches are on that weekend. Is our game likely to be postponed due to the fact that we have a number of internationals who could be on duty then.

Doubt it

League has no internationls duty were games are stopped not in league one or league two.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Doubt it

League has no internationls duty were games are stopped not in league one or league two.

Last October 9th only 4 league 1 games were played due to international call ups, as @tinmansays above, a club can apply for a postponement if they have 3 or more players unavailable due to full or u21 international call ups.

25 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Last October 9th only 4 league 1 games were played due to international call ups, as @tinmansays above, a club can apply for a postponement if they have 3 or more players unavailable due to full or u21 international call ups.

Well that's why you need strength in depth but I see it this way if were near the top laim might say let's take advantage of this keep playing get top of the league and stay there.