Two tier world

Archied

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

The pseudo PM as told the the country to suck up the pain of fuel price increases. When do we receive our expenses claim form. So we can claim back the cost of heating our home, the same as he and all the other MPs do.

Wonder if that includes heating his pool ,,, I see he is now saying it was a mistake to let the experts / sage and the like practically decide policy for running the country in the face of covid,, hmmmmm perhaps have the integrity to stand up and be counted at the time , perhaps if more had the integrity to do that we would not be in the total mess we are in now and going to remain in for long into the future

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Wonder if that includes heating his pool ,,, I see he is now saying it was a mistake to let the experts / sage and the like practically decide policy for running the country in the face of covid,, hmmmmm perhaps have the integrity to stand up and be counted at the time , perhaps if more had the integrity to do that we would not be in the total mess we are in now and going to remain in for long into the future

Strong rumours circulating that Boris Johnson might make a surprise visit to the UK.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

The pseudo PM as told the the country to suck up the pain of fuel price increases. When do we receive our expenses claim form. So we can claim back the cost of heating our home, the same as he and all the other MPs do.

He likes to use language that makes him sound a bit more Churchillian. No matter, once the Truss-meister is in, we can all look forward to an extra 1p through an NI reduction, plus all the other things that she's said she definitely did NOT say she wouldn't do......or something ?

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He likes to use language that makes him sound a bit more Churchillian. No matter, once the Truss-meister is in, we can all look forward to an extra 1p through an NI reduction, plus all the other things that she's said she definitely did NOT say she wouldn't do......or something ?

Boris Johnson speaks 4 languages to varying levels. Boris Johnson speaks English, French, some Latin and a bit of ancient Greek. English is his first language as he was born in New York City to British parents.

Now currently being taught how to speak Bo llox, Once this is mastered he then moves on to speaking Utter Bo llox

Edited by Unlucky Alf

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Two years from now the Tories will get 1997 hammered at the polls (if Liz hasn't blown us all up - she recently got applauded as a hustings event saying she would deploy nukes if needed. Let that one settle in). After that Tory party have two routes to go down, either they double down, convince themselves it was Boris that got them the landslide and rewind to bring him back or they admit this has been an utter cul-de-sac since Cameron launched the vote and reinvent themselves. Question then will be whether they go right or more central from where they are today.

But, to the point of the thread, either option is not really likely to bring us anywhere near a "levelled up" society because the one thing that nobody (sadly, including myself) is going to do is give back what has already been given. I can afford two cars now, they are mine, and I have three tellys - even if I know that is unfair I'm not going to willingly give up the money I earn that pays for them. Sad, but that is the nature of the beast that is us humans.