Pitch Invasions: Problems or Celebrations?

Retro_RAM

Forgot to add in my post about everyone being a bit compliant in terms of pitch invasions. Look at Sky Sports, and the media in general, as well who had to do a complete 180 the other night from ‘fantastic scenes at the city ground’ to then having to a highlight a footballer being assaulted because of it.

Pitch invasions don’t happen because it’s an outpouring of emotion they happen because those that could have said and acted on this sooner have turned a blind eye to it. 

On 21/05/2022 at 09:21, Malagaram said:

Billy Sharp got his cumuppance,agree exactly what you are saying Angie,

The football clubs pay players wages and employ players,so if they hear of their own players winding up fans clubs should take some kind of action,a big fine given to charity or ban them from playing for 3 months with no wages paid.Some of these players on megamoney contracts are getting to big for their boots

So that's OK then.

Dubious logic, so if you deliberately brake checked me after cutting me up when driving one day and I got out of my car and attacked you with a scaffolding pole your actions would totally justify this then?

There has been a noticeable drop in behaviour in football, and I'm afraid its the fans who are to blame. Standing in seated areas, smoke bombs, obnoxious chants, taunting of players, running on the pitch, throwing beer, coke heads, throwing things onto the pitch, vandalism.

Now we have routine pitch invasions and players being assaulted and club property being damaged. Its got to stop, or we will end up with stand or even stadium fan bans, and perimeter fencing of some sort again.