NFL Draft 2022

Van der MoodHoover

Really looking forward to learning about some of the players as the draft happens. I only know a few of the players as I don't follow college football that closely. I'll do a little bit more reading on them after the draft for FF purposes. 

All I know is that the Rams are guaranteed to pick up 8 hall of famers, with picks 104, 142, 175, 211, 212, 218, 238 & 253. It will forever be known as the greatest draft sequence in history, never to be repeated. 

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

All I know is that the Rams are guaranteed to pick up 8 hall of famers, with picks 104, 142, 175, 211, 212, 218, 238 & 253. It will forever be known as the greatest draft sequence in history, never to be repeated. 

With picks like that, they're shopping in the same sorts of aisles as dcfc next season ..... ?

19 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Falcons keep getting linked with QB and WR at #8.

I’m hoping for a monster edge or DL to drop to us, but knowing us, we’ll take a safety or corner!

Failing that, Matt Araiza, a guy who can punt over 80 yards - could be a key player for us next season! ?

God I hope we don't take a WR at 8, apparently there are loads of good WR prospects this year so we can use the day 2 picks to pick up one or two. With 2 picks in Rd 2 and 2 picks in Rd 3 at least we have some darts to throw!

Hopefully we'll go EDGE, maybe Jermaine Johnson, or if Sauce Gardner falls then take him and at least lock up the secondary alongside AJ Terrell!

QB can wait till next year, just run with Mariota for now and get one next year with a likely top 5 draft pick.

6 hours ago, Carnero said:

God I hope we don't take a WR at 8, apparently there are loads of good WR prospects this year so we can use the day 2 picks to pick up one or two. With 2 picks in Rd 2 and 2 picks in Rd 3 at least we have some darts to throw!

Hopefully we'll go EDGE, maybe Jermaine Johnson, or if Sauce Gardner falls then take him and at least lock up the secondary alongside AJ Terrell!

QB can wait till next year, just run with Mariota for now and get one next year with a likely top 5 draft pick.

You should definitely draft a wr and leave sauce and johnson on the board ? 

What are we saying then - Aidan Hutchinson going first overall?

Or has the pre-draft buzz catapulted Travon Walker into the number one spot?

I usually like to stay up and watch the first round - make a bit of an event out of it - but I forgot to book tomorrow off ?

45 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

What are we saying then - Aidan Hutchinson going first overall?

Or has the pre-draft buzz catapulted Travon Walker into the number one spot?

I usually like to stay up and watch the first round - make a bit of an event out of it - but I forgot to book tomorrow off ?

Hutchinson. I'm not buying the Kyle Hamilton dropping down the board hype either. He comes off at 2 or 3.

14 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Hutchinson. I'm not buying the Kyle Hamilton dropping down the board hype either. He comes off at 2 or 3.

Agree. From the little I know about this class, Hutchinson seems as safe a bet as you're going to get out of the draft.

I've seen all sorts of players predicted to go to the Lions, to be fair. Hamilton, Walker, Sauce Gardner, even the QB Willis. Their roster has so many glaring holes that you could make a valid argument for any one of the top players.

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I can't see Hamilton going that high, but could see him around the 10th. I think the safety position is rated lower than running back at the moment so despite believing he could be a day one pro bowl player that he's not going until mid-1st (most likely). 

I don't watch a lot of college football, but Trevon Walker at one surprises me. Any pass rusher next to Jordan Davis, I'm passing on at the college level. He's feasting for good reason. I like Hutchinson and Kayvon, honestly, I feel like the latter could be the best of the three, but I'm excited to learn more about these guys. 

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Bengals have gone for a corner cum safety in daxton Hill for their 1st round #31 pick. 

"Who he" we cry.....

Defence defence defence...we're gonna out dull the division.....is big Ben still going? Should be a slo motion thriller ?

Very good pick, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Very good pick, in my opinion.

Resume implies we've gone for pace and versatility. 

First time the Bengals have picked a CB first round since 1992. 

He's also got the pace to be a free safety which gives cover for Vonn Bell. 

So a sort of high end utility player. I guess they're happy enough with the much maligned o-line, or there's plans afoot. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Resume implies we've gone for pace and versatility. 

First time the Bengals have picked a CB first round since 1992. 

He's also got the pace to be a free safety which gives cover for Vonn Bell. 

So a sort of high end utility player. I guess they're happy enough with the much maligned o-line, or there's plans afoot. 

Ted Karras and Alex Cappa have been signed, which is two solid signings. With the top 3 interior linemen off the board already, it would have been a big reach to take one at 31.

9 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

“I can stay up until pick 12, it will be fine”

- Vikings trade back to 32

”f**k”

Didn't get great compensation either did they!

Falcons take a WR when JJII, J.Davis & K.Hamilton were all still on the board ?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Didn't get great compensation either did they!

Falcons take a WR when JJII, J.Davis & K.Hamilton were all still on the board ?

In the context of this draft I think it’s reasonable, though I’d have preferred to have swapped the thirds rather than the seconds. No one got much for trading down, because there wasn’t anyone worth giving a lot away to trade up for. Chad Reuter on nfl.com gave us an A grade for the trade and pick...which I think is a bit generous.

sadly no-one was fooled into thinking Malik Willis was the answer at qb?

Lewis Cine and presumably one of Nakobe Dean or Andrew Booth is better than any one player we could have taken at 12...though I would have like Jermaine Johnson, and thought we could have traded back up for him when he fell into the mid 20’s.