Billy McEwan-RIP

whiteroseram

As well as his long service for the Rams, he also has a more tenuous connection  with the Rams. Was signed as a player by Clough and Taylor at Brighton, shortly after they left us.  Not sure, he may even have been their first signing. One of many, although the pair's magic didn't seem to work at Brighton for some reason.

The referee had a reasonably good game yesterday but he made a shambles of remembering Billy McEwan pre kick off. Both teams lined up on the centre circle with black armbands expecting a silence or applause and he clearly either didn’t know or had forgotten. Presumably we’ll do it properly on Wednesday night.

It may be me but there’s something daft about only the referee bending the knee nowadays and all the players standing up waiting for the game to start. Perhaps time to rethink the policy for next season

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The referee had a reasonably good game yesterday but he made a shambles of remembering Billy McEwan pre kick off. Both teams lined up on the centre circle with black armbands expecting a silence or applause and he clearly either didn’t know or had forgotten. Presumably we’ll do it properly on Wednesday night.

It may be me but there’s something daft about only the referee bending the knee nowadays and all the players standing up waiting for the game to start. Perhaps time to rethink the policy for next season

Yeah but there was no announcement either. I was stood up like the players but nothing came.