BBC Sports Personality Of The Year- What Would Be Your Top 6?

ziggyram59

18 minutes ago, David said:

Tyson Fury doesn't want anything to do with it does he?

I'm still waiting for them to change the name of the award, confuses too many thinking it's based on their actual personality.

Raducanu will win it, but I would go with Lewis Hamilton and troll the FIA by announcing it for winning his 8th WDC, the undisputed goat.

Couldn't agree with you more David I was really shocked when Lewis wasn't chosen. There were times when it use to mean something when the BBC showed so much live sport like Formula1, Cricket, Rugby, Horse Racing etc but today they are a very underwhelming channel when it comes to showing live sport. 

Tyson Fury is a massive personality who has proved himself more than once at the very top level, as have Hamilton and Peaty. Any one of those could justifiably win it but goodness knows how you judge a winning ‘personality’

Raducanu achieved a wonderful win in a non-vintage competition. I think she needs to prove it’s not a flash in the pan before she rivals the other three.  I hope she does.

Tyson should have won it after he beat Klitschko. Nobody cared about him taking the title off such a dominant legend of the sport who was still at his peak. No hero welcome home. Instead just character assassination and "boring fight" from media and general public. 

Seems weird if they give it him for beating a guy he already whooped. 

But the glorious mess head he is, the flawed person he is... it would probably stick a lump in my throat to see him win it. In Boxing he's unflappable and dominates everyone he faces. I feel outside the ring he's quite vulnerable and does seek approval etc.