Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Very exciting end to the game but it was nerve-wracking watching the run-chase. We got comfortably ahead of DLS, when it started to drizzle again. Instead of coming off, the umpires played on and as the rain got steadier, we got well behind DLS! 

Forgetting I was watching Derbyshire and not Derby County I fully expected the umpires to haul us off at that point. Luckily they didn't and Du Ploy did the rest. 

@Grumpy Git, you are so right, those final two overs of the Yorkshire innings won us the game. Great bowling in T20.

Here is a photo from before the game, wouldn't load earlier, it was very busy! 

20220618_132454.jpg

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Blimey! Gutted to have missed the game. Got completely sidetracked. Some result that is. How's this lad Kerr looking?

He’s doing ok, always bowls the first over and near the end so the batsman are in full attack mode. Bowls quite full which can see him be expensive but also gets him wickets...12 so far in the competition. Looks decent with the bat too.

I'd like to see what he can do with a red ball.

Edited by jimbo jones

39 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Helped by it being a on a Saturday afternoon with no one else playing, but 450k is a staggering number.

985BEBD4-D517-42EE-92F3-A3D25EB64617.jpeg

An incredible number.

Going back about 20 years or so, I used to do a little ball-by-ball commentary for CricketWeb. We covered the ODI world cup final and we thought we were doing well if we got 250K hits.