Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

52 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheers Eddie - last stupid question. How does the overseas player thing work? Maximum of two? How long for? Just wondering about Lakmal as he looked pretty handy. 

Only 2 can play, you can have more signed, we currently have 4 Masood, Lakmal, Kerr and Melton. With Lakmal out for the rest of the season it will be Masood and Kerr playing. Don’t think Melton will get a look in as an overseas, which is why he’s desperate to get his citizenship...or whatever it is he needs to not be classed as an overseas player.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Only 2 can play, you can have more signed, we currently have 4 Masood, Lakmal, Kerr and Melton. With Lakmal out for the rest of the season it will be Masood and Kerr playing. Don’t think Melton will get a look in as an overseas, which is why he’s desperate to get his citizenship...or whatever it is he needs to not be classed as an overseas player.

Cheers Jimbo - are they contracted a season at a time? Just wondering whether we might see Lakmal play again.

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Cheers Jimbo - are they contracted a season at a time? Just wondering whether we might see Lakmal play again.

Lakmal signed a 2 year contract, so he will be back next season. I think it’s fairly unusual for overseas to sign for more than one season at a time, but as he’s retired from international cricket he doesn’t have any other commitments.

Masood signed for just this season and Kerr until September. He will leave early for the start of the Australian season.

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Lakmal signed a 2 year contract, so he will be back next season. I think it’s fairly unusual for overseas to sign for more than one season at a time, but as he’s retired from international cricket he doesn’t have any other commitments.

Masood signed for just this season and Kerr until September. He will leave early for the start of the Australian season.

Cheers Jimbo

After being made to look so poor by Derbyshire yesterday, Leicestershire comfortably beat Yorkshire today.

We play Yorkshire next in a run of 3 games next week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday against the the supposed big 3 of Notts, York’s, Lancs...

Edited by jimbo jones

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

After being made to look so poor by Derbyshire yesterday, Leicestershire comfortably beat Yorkshire today.

We play Yorkshire next in a run of 3 games next week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday against the the supposed big 3 of Notts, York’s, Lancs...

I think there are fine margins in 20/20. I think the run out by Madsen was crucial and came at just the right time. Up until then they were going ok and up with the rate……

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think there are fine margins in 20/20. I think the run out by Madsen was crucial and came at just the right time. Up until then they were going ok and up with the rate……

Very true, you could see they were a team who had an abysmal start to the season with the bat and were ready to crumble. We put the pressure on with good bowling and fielding. They badly needed that win. Ackerman finally getting some runs will help.

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A game of cricket that lasts 8 overs is absolute nonsense to be honest...still hope we win.

Dont understand why you still send Reece out to open, most out of form batsmen in the team, when you’ve only got 8 overs to play with. 

I take it back, make them all 8 overs ??