Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Awful 😢 

161-0 at lunch

I’d like to know the thinking behind bowling first. Glorious sunny day at Hove and we are using the Kookaburra ball. That's a bat first 100 times out of 100 situation.

The only saving grace is Sussex might set us a chasable target in the 4th innings as they look for wins to get promoted.

Edited by jimbo jones

24 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

161-0 at lunch

I’d like to know the thinking behind bowling first. Glorious sunny day at Hove and we are using the Kookaburra ball. That's a bat first 100 times out of 100 situation.

The only saving grace is Sussex might set us a chasable target in the 4th innings as they look for wins to get promoted.

Or get 500 and bowl us out twice for an innings win 🤔

Daniel Hughes finally out for 144 of 142 balls. Wish we could pluck a random overseas no one has heard of out of nowhere and be as good as him…

Bit of credit for a bowling plan that actually worked. Packed the offside field and had DuPavillon bowl wide to see if he would chase the ball…and he did.

They've got nearly 400 for the loss of 4 wickets. To be honest I lose interest when its the opposition piling on runs.

Far more interesting is the game at Bristol being abandoned on Day 1 because the pitch is too dangerous too bat on 😳

Edited by jimbo jones

37 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

They've got nearly 400 for the loss of 4 wickets. To be honest I lose interest when its the opposition piling on runs.

Far more interesting is the game at Bristol being abandoned on Day 1 because the pitch is too dangerous too bat on 😳

Why do Northants get points for draw, yet Gloucs don't?!

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

I’d guess as the home team Gloucs are punished for preparing a substandard pitch. 

I thought any punishment would be handed out after the pitch inspectors do their thing.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I thought any punishment would be handed out after the pitch inspectors do their thing.

They’ll probably end up with a points deduction. To be honest I have no idea why Northampton get a draw.

First over of the day and DuPavillon gets spanked for 13 runs.

Second over Chappell gets a wicket with his first ball.

Our bowling attack relies so much on Chappell and I feel the long season is taking its toll. He looked tired and didn't bowl many overs yesterday. I doubt he's ever played this many games and bowled this many overs in a season before. 

12 minutes ago, SKHunter said:

Bit of an interview with Sussex ceo Pete (?) on the stream and turns out to be a ram. 

I spotted that. 

Pete Fitzboydon, became a fan because he was keeper and Peter Shilton was his hero 😂

Sussex went on a bit trying to get Jack Carson to his maiden century only for DuPavillon to knock his stumps out the ground on 97.

We need the draw and 1 more bonus point to go back above Northants and off the bottom 😬