Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

It's fair to say the pitches so far this season have favoured the batsmen, but he has bowled well. You can see his class when he bowls. Always keeps it tight and finally got the wickets he deserved in the last game. 

Might have to become a Debyshire CCC gloryhunter then, now all you diehards have done the hard yards ?

15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Never realised Graham Thorpe was Afghanistan coach. Hopefully, he's alright, one of the heroes of my childhood.

Mine too - well, my second childhood.

His masterful 64* in the dark at Karachi in 2000 was brilliant to behold. He'd had bigger scores, but that innings was especially valuable. England wins on the subcontinent are rare enough, but when you are ranked as lowly as we were then (as now), they are moments to savour.

Squad for tomorrow.

No McKiernan, so I assume Reece comes back into the team.

in other injury news, George Scrimshaw is back playing for the seconds, which is good news with the T20 not far away. He impressed with the white ball last season.

DB680F71-B086-471E-8C1D-EE0819B4DFE6.jpeg

35 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Hughes and Potts to miss out?

Batting looks strong, still worry on taking 20 wickets...

Confirmed: Reece comes into the team as the only change.

we’ve won the toss and elected to bowl. Perhaps yesterdays rain and plenty of cloud around will give the bowlers more to work with. It’s been hard for anyone across the country to take 20 wickets so far this season.

37 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Ground to a halt

Three down, we've got them on the run now. Reckon this could be all over inside 7 days ?

Joking aside, is it my imagination or are there an unusually high number of big scores been set this season? Placid strips, weather or both, or should county cricket be played over 5 days like tests?

38 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Three down, we've got them on the run now. Reckon this could be all over inside 7 days ?

Joking aside, is it my imagination or are there an unusually high number of big scores been set this season? Placid strips, weather or both, or should county cricket be played over 5 days like tests?

The complaint in previous years was the pitches were too difficult to bat on in April. so I believe the ECB told clubs to make them more batter friendly this season...I’ve certainly heard that mentioned a number of times.

With the dry weather we have had on top, its gone completely the other way. ECB working their magic as per usual.

close - 326-5

Probably a bit of a gamble to bowl first, thinking the best time to bowl would be in the morning session on day one. 2 wickets was ok, but needed 3 or 4 to make it worthwhile.

The wickets at the end brought it back to a respectable effort. Looks another good pitch for batting.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

close - 326-5

Probably a bit of a gamble to bowl first, thinking the best time to bowl would be in the morning session on day one. 2 wickets was ok, but needed 3 or 4 to make it worthwhile.

The wickets at the end brought it back to a respectable effort. Looks another good pitch for batting.

Did Lakmal or Sidebottom go off injured, they've both bowled incomplete overs according to the BBC scorecard?

45 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Did Lakmal or Sidebottom go off injured, they've both bowled incomplete overs according to the BBC scorecard?

I missed it, but apparently Lakmal got a fly in his eye and had to nip off to get it out ?

Sidebottom finished the over and Lakmal was back on for the next one.